The effectiveness of any organisation is directly dependent on the effectiveness of its leaders. Strategic planning is vital in clarifying where the organisation is going and how it is going to get there. A good plan states a goal, but a great plan also includes action steps on how to reach that goal. Leaders make strategic plans for the future and steer the organisation towards meeting future goals. Strategic leadership, supported by strong managerial leadership, enhances the wealth and value creation process in an organisation.
The Executive Programme in Strategy and Leadership for executives is designed to impart skills that are necessary to thrive in today’s corporate environment. Knowledge of important tools and frameworks in strategy and leadership is essential for corporate executives who want to make decisions that have a long-term positive impact on the whole organisation. The programme, a blend of online and offline education, uses different pedagogical tools such as case studies, simulation, and exercises to best deliver the course content. The programme is indispensable for executives who have started their career or at the mid-level and want to groom themselves for senior-level positions in the future.
A coherent strategy is what separates a successful organisation from others. Strategy guides all the functions of an organisation. Leadership makes sure that the strategy is executed to perfection. Thus, this programme draws from four disciplines – strategic management, communication, human resource & organisational behaviour, and economics. On completion of the programme, participants will have an improved understanding of how managerial decisions impact beyond their immediate vicinity and how better decisions can be taken to improve the outcome for the whole organisation.
- Curriculum includes concepts like VUCA, Blue Ocean Strategy, and Design Thinking
- Campus immersion module of 3 days
- Live classes by highly experienced faculty from IIM Kashipur and industry experts
- IIM Kashipur Alumni status
The programme will equip the participants with an understanding of:
- The competitive forces that influence the strategic planning process in an organisation
- The challenges faced by an organisation in the effective execution of strategic plans
- New concepts and ideas that drive organisational entrepreneurship and innovation
- Managerial and strategic skills necessary for impactful leadership
- Managing change and transition in an organisation
- Diploma (10+2+3)/ Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4)/ 2 Years Master’s Degree or Equivalent/ from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline. Work experience of 5 years post completion of qualifying education.
- Participants who fulfil the above criteria but are not working currently are also eligible for the programme.
***Internships and Training Experiences will not be considered in full time work-experience
Participants will be selected based on their overall profile.
The programme is divided into multiple modules, each of which focuses on a different aspect or function of management. There are periodic evaluations built-in throughout the course that will help participants consolidate their learning from various modules of the programme.
1. Leadership in Organisations
- Understanding and Leading Self
- Introduction to Leadership
- Leadership: Leaders and Followers
- Leadership Styles
2. Dynamics of Leadership
- Power and Leadership
- Leadership and Interdependence
- Conflict Management
3. Leading Design of Organisations
- Introduction to the Complexities of Organisations
- Designing and Structuring Organisations for Excellence
- Leading Change and Innovation
4. Driving Performance through Teams
- Building High-performance Teams
- Sustaining Team Performance
- Leading Organisational Excellence
1. Strategic Thinking
- Strategic Fundamentals and Frameworks
- Understanding of VUCA/Turbulent Environment
- Business Strategy
- Blue Ocean Strategy
2. Innovation for Growth
- Understand Customer Value Proposition, Target Customer Segments, and Critical Capabilities
- Design Thinking
- Business Model Innovation
3. Corporate Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Strategies
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Digital Strategies
4. Strategy Execution
- Analysis of Strategic and Business Canvas
- Operational Strategies – Marketing, Production, Supply Chain, HR, and Financial Strategy
- Aligning Organisation with Strategy
- Challenges in Executing Strategies
- Dashboards for Strategy Implementation
- Experiential Learning Exercises
- Capstone Project and Feedback
Each participant will do a project under the guidance of one of the course faculty. The project title and faculty guide must be decided before beginning of term III. Each participant will be expected to make a presentation of the project during the on-campus module.
- Participants who successfully meet the evaluation criteria and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’ from IIM Kashipur
- Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation and the attendance criteria will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Participation’ from IIM Kashipur
- Successful candidates will also be accorded IIM Kashipur Alumni status
Disclaimer – All certiﬁcate images are for illustrative purposes only and may be subject to change at the discretion of IIM Kashipur*
Date & Fees
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Processing Fee** (Collected at the time of application)||10,000|
|Gross Programme Fee (Excluding Registration Fee)||2,25,000|
*Taxes will be added as applicable
** Processing fee contains ₹6,400/- towards Registration fee & ₹3,600/- towards the program fee.
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 4 installments|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application closure date||15-May-2022|
|Academic orientation date||23-Jul-2022|
|Class Start Date||30-Jul-2022|
|Course Completion Timeline||18-Jul-2023|
- The programme will be primarily taught through a combination of class exercises, presentations, take-home exercises, simulations, and case studies. The course contents are organised in a way to provide the participants with an introduction to the application of content to various business aspects.
To be published.Apply Now