The heady opportunities available in a high-growth economy amidst global technological disruption encourage business leaders to craft and execute business strategies for sustained growth. As a business leader, you will be looked up to, to ensure business growth, align the organisation to the disruptions in the business environment, and leverage the emerging opportunities. IIM Calcutta’s Executive Programme in Growth Strategies for Business Leaders (EPGSBL) is designed with a strategy eye and a ‘general management’ focus. It will deal explicitly with power, control, and governance issues, including designing such systems that enable the realisation of desired control.
Growth is crucial for the long-term survival and sustainability of a business, over and above several other factors that motivate businesses to grow. Growth can be measured in terms of customer base, the number of employees, product reach, sales, profits, besides revenues.
While businesses employ several growth strategies, not all lead to the realisation of intended objectives. Thus, while there are numerous ways to grow a business, choosing the right growth strategy is the key, making business leaders’ role quite critical for organisational growth and success.
IIM Calcutta’s Executive Programme in Growth Strategies for Business Leaders (EPGSBL) is designed to provide the necessary expertise to prospective learners in recognising the merits of various growth strategies and making conscious and winning choices.
- The curriculum covers business model innovation
- Explains designs for building agility for a VUCA world
- Pedagogy includes case studies, projects, guest lectures and simulations
- Two campus immersions
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status
- IIM Calcutta certification, ranked 3rd best B-School in India
- A complete understanding of business models and their applications
- Managing innovation, its implementation, scaling-up, and designing agile organisational growth paths
- Ability to leverage skillsets through inter-firm relations, partnerships, and joint ventures
- Managing stakeholder expectations within and outside the organisation
- Working executives who are graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent)/postgraduate in any discipline.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks in either diploma or bachelor’s degree or master’s degree or its equivalent.
- At least 10 years of work experience after graduation.
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of assessment of educational and professional background and motivation based on the application form submitted. Senior applicants with experience will be preferred
The programme is segregated into the following set of 4 focused modules equipping the participants with the necessary models, tools, and application knowledge to enhance their professional capabilities.*
- Analytical clarity to chart a growth path
- Linking growth and profitability
- Business model innovation as a growth driver
- Non-linear growth in platforms
- Anticipating and dealing with conflicts and cooperation in the growth path
- Organising to leverage innovation
- Organisation designing for implementing growth and scaling
- Designs for building agility for a VUCA world
- Sourcing, evaluating, and scaling new ideas in organisations; locating, creating, managing, and supporting the innovator in the organisation; ambidexterity and dynamic capabilities
- Managing competitive and cooperative relations in value chains
- Managing inter-firm relations
- Managing alliances and joint ventures
- Competing to set industry standards (Standard Races)
- Governing ecosystem for orchestrating growth along preferred paths
- Negotiating and managing stakeholder expectations, managing trade-offs between the long and the short-term expectations
- Building capabilities inside organisations and in ecosystem partners
- Building and managing organisational identities
- *Note: Books & other study material will be provided in electronic format.
- At the end of the programme, successful candidates will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’ from IIM Calcutta, along with a grade sheet carrying grades of continuous evaluations (quiz-based) and the project.
- Attending the campus module is a mandatory requirement for the successful completion of the programme.
- Successful candidates will also be accorded IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status.
Date & Fees
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Processing Fee||20,000 (Processing fee contains INR 11,500 towards registration fee & INR 8,500 towards the programme fees. Processing fee of INR 20,000 is refundable in case the participant’s profile is rejected by IIM Calcutta)|
|Campus Visit charges for on-campus stay**||56,000|
|Total Fees (Excluding registration fee and on-campus stay)||5,06,000|
* GST will be additional as applicable
· Candidates will have the option of making their own stay arrangements during the campus module
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 5 installments|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||16-Jan-2022|
|Online Class Start Date||04-Feb-2022|
|Tentative Programme End Date||15-Jan-2023|
The pedagogy will be highly interactive. It will leverage the use of technology and will consist of, depending on the subject, a judicious blend of:
- Online lectures
- Case discussions: Each week, participants will have compulsory reading/assignments for the week’s class
- Intensive and integrated faculty-guided project work on a live case/problem spread across the course duration
- Guest lectures from practitioners
To be publishedApply Now