The efficiency and effectiveness of any organisation dwells on how well its operations are being managed. While technological advancements have been rapidly changing the business landscape and organisations have been striving to keep pace with the latest trends, role of operations manager became more important than ever. A professional certification in Operations Management equips senior leaders to gain much-needed skills and industry-specific knowledge to lead businesses effectively in an ever- changing dynamic business landscape.
Operations Management deals with the management of resources in the production of goods and services. As a business strategy, operations management has been a key element in the improvement of productivity and quality, reducing costs and delivery times, and enhancing the value creation by firms. The objective of this course is to develop an understanding of the role of production and operations management in a firms’ success.
In IIM Calcutta’s Executive Programme in Operations Management (EPOM), we first review the processes and systems that affect the operations of firms. This is achieved through detailed analysis and description of different types of processes in production and service operations. Then, we discuss in detail the operational planning and control systems that enhance the competitiveness of firms. EPOM equips managers and practitioners with the concept and practices of Operations Management in the services and manufacturing sectors which will help develop an understanding of efficient and effective management of processes, resources, and competencies. The programme has been designed to suit the requirements of managers involved in functional areas related to manufacturing, supply chain roles including design, sales and distribution, procurement, production, logistics and service delivery.
- Opportunity to be a part of one of India’s top 10 B-Schools
- Comprehensive curriculum to equip managers with global best practices in Operations Management
- Curriculum includes topics like Digital Supply Chains driven by Blockchain and IoT
- Group projects to equip managers with all-round capabilities along with peer learning and networking opportunities
- 5-day campus immersion at IIM Calcutta
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status
- Design core operational capabilities of the organisation with the theory and practice of Operations Analytics
- Analyse the complexities posed by operations processes using analytical tools and techniques
- Improve the performance of the organisation by applying the advanced knowledge gained in manufacturing and project management
- Contribute to the efficient and effective performance of the organisation
- Prepare participants for higher roles in Operations Management by improving their managerial and leadership capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or its equivalent or 2 years’ Master’s degree or its equivalent from institutions or Universities recognised by UGC/AICTE/AIU/DEB.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks of all years in either Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or its equivalent.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of work experience post completion of qualifying education.
Students will be selected based on their overall profile.
The programme is divided into five modules:
Introduction to Operations and Process Analysis
- Operations strategy framework – cost, quality, efficiency, and strategic trade-offs
- Process view of operations
- Process design in manufacturing in service industries
- Managing operations and supply chain in the post-COVID-19 world
- Inventory management
- Capacity planning
Analytics and Management Sciences
- Decision tree analysis
- Mathematical programming models
- Demand forecasting
- Analytical tools to solve operations and supply chain problems
- Simulating processes in service and manufacturing
Design of Lean Operations
- Introduction to Lean concepts in manufacturing and services
- Theory of constraints
- Lean in post-COVID-19 world
- Measures and dimensions of quality
- Statistical process control
- Quality analytics
Cross-functional Areas of Management
- Fundamentals of macroeconomics and its impact on supply chains
- Understanding and analysing financial statements
- Linking operations with financial parameters
Note: Participants are expected to take up projects in areas of operations management related to their companies.
- Candidates will successfully complete the programme if they have received poor grades in not more than two courses.
- Successful candidates will receive a certificate of completion from IIM Calcutta.
- Those with requisite participation but unable to complete successfully will receive a certificate of participation.
- It will be mandatory for all participants to attend the campus module for successful completion of the programme.
- Successful candidates will also be accorded IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status.
Date & Fees
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Campus Visit Charges for On-campus Stay||40,000|
|Total Fee (Excluding Registration Fee)||3,65,000|
*All fees are payable to Times Group (BCCL).
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 5 installments|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||18-Nov-2021|
|Academic Orientation Date||27-Nov-2021|
|Online Class Start Date||04-Dec-2021|
|Programme End Date||20-Nov-2022|
Each course will be taught with the help of case studies, industry examples, and analytical tools.
Will be published soon.Apply Now