LEAD: An Advanced Management Programme, is a dynamic, cross-functional, and immersive one-year programme by IIM Calcutta, designed for senior executives who are committed to driving systematic change within themselves, their teams, and their organisations. The programme is customised to integrate advanced leadership behaviours, skill-building, and coaching with large scale macroeconomic and strategic thinking frameworks. Through deeply immersive training modules, an academically rigorous curriculum, and a world-class faculty, IIM Calcutta’s LEAD seeks to transform senior executives into insightful and impactful senior leaders.
The business environment is undergoing rapid changes driven by technological innovations, customer preferences, disruptive business paradigms, and changing geo-political equations. In this atmosphere of Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity (VUCA), senior executives need to act more decisively and think more strategically. Demands on senior executives have never been greater.
IIM Calcutta’s advanced management program, LEAD has been designed with an awareness of today’s business realities. It is an experiential programme that provides senior executives with the knowledge and skills needed to make sense of disruptive changes and steer their organisations in the right direction.
LEAD, an advanced strategic management course is an innovative programme that leverages IIM Calcutta’s distinctive strength in blending theory and practice to offer business leaders an opportunity to contemporise their managerial capabilities and to sharpen their leadership acumen. It is aimed at senior executives who aspire to head dynamic, industry-shaping enterprises.
- Innovative programme design that structures leadership development capabilities across four sequential modules
- Deep immersion in lectures, exercises, and case discussions around themes such as leadership and change
- Three campus immersion modules enabling face-to-face sessions with experienced IIM Calcutta faculty*
- Networking opportunities with successful professionals across diverse industries
- Interaction with current and past CEOs
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni Status
*Subject to control and state COVID-19 restrictions and evolving health hazards
- Learn about the fundamentals of finance, strategic thinking, and operations management.
- Turn the latest theories and best practices into actionable strategies.
- Master key leadership skills, including negotiation, conflict resolution and design thinking.
- Learn how to engage systematically with complex business problems including digitalisation and global disruption.
- Develop dynamic leadership planning frameworks to effectively manage change.
- Understand organisational inertia and pursue global opportunities.
- Master the foundations of impactful leadership by imbibing robust leadership practices.
- Executives with a minimum of 15 years of experience in reputed organisations OR
- Proprietors/Directors of corporations with turnover not less than ₹500 crore
Participants will be selected based on their application and credentials.
Course Content Breakdown -
|LEARN||The first module, LEARN, aims to help participants gain an executive perspective on the core functional capabilities every business leader should master.|
|ENHANCE||The second module seeks to ENHANCE participants’ cognitive capacity by exposing them to experts on higher-order managerial capabilities such as design thinking and strategic analysis.|
|ASPIRE||The third module, ASPIRE, fosters cross-functional competencies amongst participants to tackle contemporary challenges in management by imbibing, for instance, an appreciation for the digital disruption across industries, the ongoing character of innovation in organisations, and the challenges and opportunities in an imperfectly globalised world.|
|DELIVER||In the fourth module, participants gain insights on how to DELIVER distinctive execution inside organisations through a deep immersion in lectures, exercises, and case discussions around themes such as leadership and change, and through workshops with present or past CEOs reflecting on their experiences.|
• Navigating Finance: Linking financial statements with corporate goals, understanding global and domestic financial markets, strategic financial decisions, financial restructuring, creating shareholder wealth, and business valuation.
• Nurturing Brands: Market segmentation and product positioning, managing brands.
• Orchestrating Supply Chains: Managing value chains and managing risk in supply chains operational excellence and value creation, embedding a quality orientation in the organisation.
• Deploying Human Capital: Employee engagement, compensation design, and strategic role of HR.
• Design Thinking: Fundamentals of design thinking, developing a design-centric culture, overcoming behavioural biases against design thinking, creating models to solve complex problems, blending design thinking and analytical thinking.
• Negotiation and Conflict Resolution: Identifying effective bargaining styles, building trust, pre-negotiation strategy, engineering the deal, ethics in negotiations.
• Management of Self: Understanding self, managing relationships, managing differences in organisational contexts, an appreciation of critical thinking, communicating in interpersonal and group contexts in organisations.
• Strategic Thinking: Modes of strategic thinking, bridging business strategy and corporate strategy, pursuing competitive advantage, formulating, and executing strategies.
• Attaining Customer-centricity: Principles of customer relationship management, bringing customer focus to the organisation, customer value proposition, value-based pricing, managing the customer life cycle.
• Renewing through Innovation: Imbibing a start-up mindset, organisation design for innovation, embedding innovation-seeking processes in organisations, financing innovation, business model innovation.
• Competing in the Digital Age: The digital revolution and its implications for the organisation of work, understanding opportunities for and threats to your business in the digital era, the emergence of platform-based competition, formulating a digital strategy, overhauling your organisation to take advantage of the digital age.
• Pursuing Global Opportunities in a Deglobalising Era: The global environment of business and competition, assessing country risk, understanding geopolitics; developing a global strategy for your enterprise, different models of managing global organisations.
• Practising Leadership: Understanding leadership styles, identifying and honing your leadership skills, motivating teams and groups, transformational leadership, managing in a crisis, fostering leadership systems.
• Managing Change: Understanding organisational inertia, initiating purposeful change, framing change and constructing consensus, building ambidexterity in the organisation, renewing organisational identity.
• Unleashing Growth: The growth imperative, resources and capabilities, make or buy growth decisions, strategic decisions of acquisition and strategic alliances, decision-making under uncertainty.
• Communication Strategies: Leadership and Communication; Persuasion; Communication Analytics; Public Speaking
• The CEO Looks Back: Talks by and interaction with current and past CEOs on their experience of leading their organisations.
• Perspectives on the New Normal: Perspectives on managing and decision-making in and through the global COVID-19 pandemic.
CERTIFICATION & ALUMNI STATUS
- Candidates will successfully complete the programme if they have completed all requirements of the programme, including those pertaining to attendance and evaluation.
- Successful candidates will receive a certificate of completion from IIM Calcutta.
- Those with requisite participation but unable to complete successfully will receive a certificate of participation.
- Attending all campus modules is a mandatory requirement for completing the programme.
- Successful candidates will also be accorded IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Campus Visit Fee for On-campus Stay||1,44,000|
|Total Fee (Excluding Registration Fee)||8,00,000|
*GST will be additional as applicable.
Collection of Fee: All fees are payable to BCCL.
** Processing Fee
· Processing fee includes ₹16,750 towards the application fee and ₹3,250 towards the total programme fee.
· Processing fee of ₹20,000 is refundable in case the participant’s profile is rejected by IIM Calcutta.
· Candidates will have the option of making their own stay arrangements during the campus modules
· They will be required to choose this option at the time of registering for the programme. No change will be allowed later.
· The campus visit fee for participants staying off-campus during the campus modules will be ₹5,000/day + GST. Total amount to be paid will be ₹90,000 + GST.
|No. of Installments -All amount is payable in 4 parts.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||25-Jan-2022|
|Academic Orientation Date||08-Jan-2022|
|Class Start Date||08-Jan-2022|
|Tentative Programme End Date||10-Dec-2022|
The pedagogy will involve IIM Calcutta’s distinctive portfolio method, which uses a variety of techniques, including case discussions, lectures, and experiential exercises, depending upon the specific learning objective.
To be published.Apply Now