The 21st century is ruled by data. The science of data has become indispensable for businesses, as it helps enhance efficiency in understanding their customers and decision-making. Businesses are increasingly relying on data/decision sciences for strategic decision-making. Hence, the role of both Data Scientists and Decision Scientists, are important for business growth.
IIT Delhi’s Advanced Certification in Data Science and Decision Science is specifically designed to equip professionals with expertise in both the verticals of Data Sciences and Decision Sciences. The objective of the programme is to impart expertise in data handling, analytics, cognitive sciences, and relevant analytical tools and techniques. The advanced curriculum will gear you up for an analytics career that will bring a positive shift in your career graph.
- A programme from IIT Delhi, #5 in NIRF Rankings 2021 in ‘Engineering’ category; and among top 2 Indian Institutes as per QS World University Rankings 2022
- Contemporary concepts and tools of data & decision sciences
- Holistic understanding with capstone project implementation
- Certification from CEP, IIT Delhi
After the completion of the programme, the candidate is expected to meet the following objectives:
1. Have a good understanding of business analytics as an overall domain with greater focus on the complex methods of analytics involving data science and decision science.
2. Develop an acumen towards problem solving and implementation of mathematical concepts for complex data analysis.
3. Develop an acumen to understand and analyse datasets with descriptive, predictive, prescriptive and cognitive science algorithms.
4. Enable problem solving ability through hands on exercises and capstone projects.
5. Gear up for a transition towards an analytics career whereby the shift may happen within the organisation or in a new organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks
- Understanding of 10+2 level maths
- Selection based on application and personal interview
Please note: Internships and Training Experiences will not be considered in full time work-experience
Applications will be reviewed based on eligibility and subsequent shortlisting process as laid down by the Programme Coordinator.
Modules covered under both Data Science and Decision Science verticals are listed below. However, the sequence of sessions may vary depending on the inter-dependency and relatedness of the themes.
Introduction to management of systems in enterprises and industries
• Types and Levels of Analytics Systems
• Understanding the evolution of SMAC era for enterprise systems
• Challenges of managing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Projects
• Technology Alignment and Governance issues in Digital Transformation using Machine Learning.
Statistics 101 and Descriptive Analytics using MS Excel and SPSS/PSPP
• Data Visualisation
• Python programming for data management
• Python for descriptive, diagnostic and inferential statistics
• Prescriptive Analytics using MCDM/AHP
.Data Mining approaches for predictive analytics
• Supervised and Unsupervised learning
• Regression and Multivariate analysis using SPSS/PSPP
• Data Multidimensionality
• Data model building for Big Data applications
• Machine Learning using Artificial Neural Networks
• Deep learning
• Fuzzy set theory
• Machine learning using KNN, Kmeans, Random Forest, Support Vector Machine, etc.
• Big Data Applications
• Understanding Natural Language Processing Applications (e.g. Search Engines and Social Media)
• Web Analytics (Google)
• Machine Learning Applications and Chatbots
• Social Media Analytics
• Advanced Text Mining like sentiment analysis, topic modelling and text summarisation
• Advanced Network Science and Applications
• Hands on exercises with Machine Learning for Supervised and Unsupervised learning
• User Interface driven Python applications (Orange)
• Python programming for big data and machine learning applications
• Text mining using Orange
• Understanding of main pillars of business decision analytics
• Introduction to Heuristics/Meta-Heuristics/Hyper-Heuristics/AI
• Application of decision-making models
• Understanding Quantitative Data Analysis and Prescriptive Analytics
• Linear Programming (Single Objective) using Excel/LINGO
• Non-Linear Programming (Single Objective) using Excel / LINGO
• Linear Programming (Multiple Conflicting Objectives)
• Goal Programming using Excel / LINGO
• Applications of Linear Programming/Non Linear Programming in business
• Predictive Analytics using EXCEL/R
• Introduction to basic statistics such as population and sample
• Measure of central tendency, dispersion and association
• Simulation modelling and analysis using Excel
• Application of simulation in business decisions
• Demand forecasting in business decisions
• R for predictive analytics (demand forecasting)
• Applying AI (Genetic Algorithm) in business decisions using Excel
• Case study discussions from several domains of businesses viz. marketing, production, human resource, finance, & strategy using Excel/LINGO.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Programme Fee:||1,75,000 + GST|
• All fees should be submitted in the IITD CEP Account only, and the details will be shared post-selection.
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 4 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||15-Jun-2022|
|Offer Roll out Date||23-Jun-2022|
|Programme Start Date||09-Jul-2022|
|Programme End Date||25-Jun-2022|
- Live Lectures
- Lab Sessions
- Guest Lectures
To be publishedApply Now