To be a part of senior management, functional managers need to embark on a transformative learning journey to inculcate leadership qualities like envisioning the future, taking a macro view of the business landscape, and developing a strategic mindset. The Senior Management Programme (SMP) is IIM Calcutta’s longest-running, flagship management development programme running continuously for the last 16 years, a feat unmatched by any of its peers.
The Senior Management Programme (SMP) designed by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) is a one-year immersive management education programme designed specifically for senior executives to:
(a) equip them with analytical skills
(b) enhance their existing functional competencies; and more importantly
(c) transform them into strategic leaders. Delivered through a cutting-edge online Interactive Learning (IL) platform, the programme comprises of interactive learning modules along with 14 days of in-Campus sessions at IIM Calcutta.
Delivered through a cutting-edge online Interactive Learning (IL) platform, the programme comprises of 13 interactive learning modules along with 14 days of in-Campus sessions at IIM Calcutta.
17th Batch of SMP – IIM Calcutta’s flagship general management programme for senior managers
The oldest Leadership Development Programme in the country for senior managers
Specifically designed for working executives to access learning from their location of work/stay through an interactive learning platform
Unique and most balanced blend of diverse pedagogical tools amongst peer institutions for similar programmes
Three-hour sessions held once a week besides 3 In-Campus modules
- Developing a strategic perspective on aspiring for and executing organizational growth
- Understanding strategic dimensions of growth – especially appreciating differences between conflicts, contests and cooperation underlying growth processes
- Learning to design organizations that are resilient to complexities induced by growth processes
- Appreciating various forms of inter-organizational cooperation underlying rapid growth processes
- Appreciating the softer dimensions of growth – managing identities and aspirations
- Learning through a balance of cutting-edge management theories
- Certificate of completion by IIM Calcutta
- Networking opportunities with professionals across various industries
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni Status
- Personal development through reflection and feedback
- Face to Face sessions with senior faculty by IIM Calcutta
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through Interactive Onsite Learning platform where LIVE and highly interactive Sessions are conducted in the Authorized Study Centres established across India. (Also D2D option can be opted by International Students).
Graduation or Diploma holders (10+2+3) from a recognized University.
10 years of minimum work experience is required to apply
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Calcutta on the basis of Academics, work experience and Statement of Purpose.
Executive Certificate in Senior Management will be awarded by IIM Calcutta to students on successful completion of the programme.
Alumni Status/ Placement
On successfull completion IIM Calcutta will award Alumni status to students.
- Business, Government & Society
- Global Political Economy
- Market Economies and Macroeconomic Policies
- Digital Transformation
- Functional Competencies:
- Achieving Operational Excellence
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Managing Human Resources
- Quantitative Tools for Decision Making
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Corporate Finance and Financial Markets
- Competition, Strategy and Leadership:
- Developing a Strategic Marketing Plan
- Developing Organisational Leadership
- Developing a Strategic Mindset
- On-Campus Sessions
The face-to-face campus sessions may include topics of contemporary relevance like Business Communication as a Competitive Tool; Conflict and Negotiation Skills; Business Analytics and its Applications; Industry 4.0; Being a CEO; Journey as an Entrepreneur; Building Sustainable Value; Public-Private Partnerships etc.
On-campus sessions will be thrice during course of 14 days in total.
How it Work
- The programme will be delivered through LIVE and highly Interactive classes once a week.
- In addition, there will be three campus visits at IIM Calcutta campus; one 5-day workshop at the start of the programme, a 4-day visit during the middle of the programme and a 5-day visit at the end of the programme
- The efficacy of the capstone project is conditional on collocation of group members
- Online lectures
- Case studies
- Games & Simulations
- On-campus face-to-face sessions
For Indian Residents - INR 6,55,000/- plus GST as applicable (inclusive of campus fee)
For International Students - INR 7,92,000/- plus GST as applicable (inclusive of campus fee)
|Registration Fee||Rs. 14,000/-||Rs. 16,500|
INR 20,000 (Processing fee contains INR 14,000 towards registration fee & INR 6,000 towards the total course fees. Processing fee of INR 20,000 is refundable in case the participant’s profile is rejected by IIM Calcutta)
INR 20,000 (Processing fee contains INR 16,500 towards registration fee & INR 3,500 towards the total course fees. Processing fee of INR 20,000 is refundable in case the participant’s profile is rejected by IIM Calcutta)
* Off-Campus Stay
Candidates will have the option of making their own stay arrangements during the campus modules
They will be required to opt for this option at the time of registering for the programme. No change will be allowed later.
The campus visit fee for participants staying off campus during the campus modules will be INR 5000/- per day plus GST. Total Amount to be paid: Rs. 70,000+GST
**GST Additional of 18%
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Total amount to be paid in 5 installments
|Domestic||Rs. 6000||Rs. 54,000||Rs. 1,15,000||Rs. 1,20,000||Rs.1,35,000||Rs. 1,13,000|
|International||Rs. 3500||Rs. 76,500||Rs. 1,50,000||Rs. 1,50,000||Rs. 1,50,000||Rs. 1,50,000|
Campus Fee Schedule
|Installment||Campus Visit 1||Campus Visit 2||Campus Visit 3|
|Date||To be collected 45 days prior to campus scheduled date|
|Opting in-campus stay||INR 40,000||INR 32,000||INR 40,000|
|Not Opting in-campus stay||INR 25,000||INR 20,000||INR 25,000|
* GST 18% as applicable on all fees.
|Application Closure Date||18th October 2020|
|Date of 1st Installment||1st November 2020|
|Academic Orientation & Dates for online class start||8th November 2020|
|Programme End Date||November, 2021|
Fantastic and market proven programme in Senior Management and Leadership segment. The program was not launched in2018 and many candidates have waited to apply this one in 2019. Pioneer in market in its segment by IIM Calcutta and delivering the advanced content that meets all expectattions of Senior Managers and Niche profiles. This is the first ever and evergreen course for Middle level maagers looking forward to take up Leadership and Senior Management roles. Also for Senior Managers and Leaders looking to upgrade and bring advanced skillset for future growth.
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - November 2020
Sunday 9am to 12pm
All payment terms & conditions for application, registration, programme and campus fees are adhering to the policy of respective Institute or their Service/ Technology partners. Team “The Top B School” does not take any payment or fees on this website or in any of our account.
All applications are assessed by the respective institute and our team has no role in selection/rejection/on hold status of candidate.
"The Top B School" team is responsible for counselling, admission guidance, sharing application links and helping in completing application & registration processes. In any case, our team will not be responsible for any payments, refunds and results.