amily business are unique and significant contributor to the country’s economy.
For those who are running a family business, sticking to their traditional way of doing things is important. But sticking to traditions sometimes comes with a heavy price of slow growth and many missed opportunities. To become more dynamic, and to contribute more to the economy, it is important for family managed businesses and new business ventures to adopt professional ways of doing business that make them thrive in today’s dynamic environment.
The Second Wind (TSW) along with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) have developed this programme to educate and enable entrepreneurs and owners, top-management of family businesses to understand how to make their business more professional while keeping their traditions intact. This way they can tackle the challenges of growth faced by them, while making most of the opportunities that come their way.
The program helps achieve this through meticulously prepared curriculum, business techniques, and market insights. You can get great exposure to your company and make it recognized globally, leaving all competitors behind.
- Develop the knowledge, skill and attitude required of an entrepreneur
- Fully appreciate the functional aspects of your businesses
- Develop strategies to take your business ahead of the competition
- Gain the knowledge and skills to open doors for your business globally
- Alumni status by IIM Calcutta
- Learn from the expert faculty in India
- 10 days of in-campus sessions at IIM Calcutta
- Peer learning through rich participant proﬁle & networking opportunities
- Convenient evening schedule for working professionals
- Live Virtual Interactive Learning platform at a TSW Centre near you
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through Interactive Onsite Learning platform where LIVE and highly interactive Sessions are conducted in the Authorized Study Centres established across India.
Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline recognized by UGC/AICTE.
- The Owners /Scions of a Family Businesses
- Top Management of Family Businesses
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Calcutta on the basis of Academics, work experience, Statement of Purpose.
"Post Graduate Certificate in Family Business Management" will be awarded by IIM Calcutta to students on successful completion of the programme.
Alumni Status/ Placement
On successfull completion IIM Calcutta will award Alumni status to students.
- Business Environment of Family Businesses
- Managerial Economics
- Principles of Management, the concept professional management, communication & networking.
- Business Planning and Strategy Formulation
- Business Law and Taxation
- Entrepreneurial Success and Innovation
- An introduction to Intrapreneurship
- Effective negotiation
- Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
- Innovation and Corporate Strategy
- Establishing and managing a start-up
Functional areas of business :
- Corporate Finance
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Human Resource Management
- MIS & Business Analytics
- Internationalisation of Business
On-campus sessions will be for total of 10 days.
How it Work
The content is thoughtfully designed and would be delivered in different formats including case based approach to make the content relevant and understanding the nuances of Family business management. This programme aims to expose participants to the theories related to the functional aspects of the business, developing strategies and the importance of professional management. With interactive discussions, live projects, assignments, personal coaching and case studies, the participants will improve their managerial, leadership and entrepreneurial abilities by studying the mentioned course content.
Information not Avalable
INR 2,000/- plus GST as applicable
INR 3,85,000/- plus GST as applicable
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Total amount to be paid in 4 installments
|Amount||*INR 85,000/-||*INR 1,00,000/-||*INR 1,00,000/-||*INR 1,00,000/-|
|Application Closure Date||20th June, 2018|
|List of Selected Candidates||Rolling- every month|
|Date of 1st Instalment||Rolling, on Selection (20th June 2018)|
|Induction Date||1st Week-July 2018|
|Date of 1st Class||1st Week-July 2018|
One of th eunique programmes ever offered by IIM. It caters to th eneed of the speacial content and delivery for Family Business Owners. This programme is quite in news and covered by business today, India today, IIFL, dalal street journal and more. Al family Business owners can join this programme or nominate their top managers for creating a better thought process to take businessess to new heights
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - July 2019
Wednesday 6:45 PM to 9:45 PM | Sunday 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM