Finance is considered as the lifeblood of a business. It has been considered as one of the most important functions of any business. Finance and accounting were considered as a discipline too technical and esoteric for non-finance professionals. However, it has been increasingly being embraced by professionals from across the domains like manufacturing, marketing, operations, human resources and information technology. This has led to this heightened awareness of the need to understand finance and accounting. Having recognized the need for today’s manager to be far more conscious of the financial impact of his/ her actions than his/ her predecessors, this course seeks to equip the non-finance professional with the basic set of tools and techniques from the finance and accounting discipline. Starting with the objective of the firm and an understanding of financial statements and analysis, the course progressively builds up on basic finance and cost concepts and aids the participant to apply these concepts in business situations that will lead to effective decision making.
- Understand and analyse the corporate performance through analysis of financial statements
- Understand the behaviour of costs and their applications for decision-making
- Understand and appreciate the role of financial management in decision-making
- To update with contemporary changes in finance and accounting concepts which will help in effective decision makin
- Programme content and structure designed by IIM Kozhikode
- Lectures imparted by eminent faculty from IIM Kozhikode
- Understand the key financial concepts, tools and techniques in a simple and lucid manner
- Application of conceptual learning to actual business situations
- Earn a Certificate of Completion from IIM Kozhikode
- TSW Executive Education Alumni Membership
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through D2D Sessions. D2D referes to Direct to Device that enable students to attend sessions from anywhere on their own systems as per LIVE schedule of session.
Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate- considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE.
2 years of minimum work experience is required to apply
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Kozhikode on the basis of Academics, work experience and Statement of Purpose.
Executive Development Certificate in Finance for Non Finance Executives will be awarded by IIM Kozhikode to the students on successful completion of the programme.
Alumni Status/ Placement
TSW Executive Education Alumni Membership
Module I: Understanding of Financial Statements
- Balance Sheet
- Profit and Loss Statement
- Cash Flows Statement
Module II: Financial Statement Analysis
- Understanding of Annual Reports
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Credit and Profit analysis
- Analysis of Earnings Manipulations
Module III: Finance
- Indian Financial Markets
- Time Value of money
- Capital Budgeting
- Financial Analysis of business
Module IV: Cost Management
- Cost analysis for decision making
- Break even analysis
- Budgeting and budgetary control
How it Work
The lectures will be delivered by eminent faculty from IIM Kozhikode. The approach to pedagogy combines live lectures, interactive discussions, case studies, class exercises and real time examples.
The sessions will be delivered from IIM Kozhikode studio on TPL technology platform to participants who would be attending from their respective places via their device (Laptop/Tablet).
DR. SUDERSHAN KUNTLURU - Professor-Finance, Accounting and Control – IIM Kozhikode
DR. SONY THOMAS - Professor-Finance, Accounting and Control – IIM Kozhikode
INR 60,000/- plus GST as applicable
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Total amount to be paid in 2 installments
|1st Instalment||INR 20,000 + GST 18% *|
|2nd Instalment||INR 40000 + GST 18% *|
|Application End Date||25th May, 2019|
|Registration Fees/1st Instalment||25th May, 2019|
|Programme Start date||9th June 2019|
|Programme End date||September 2019|
Its is one of most demanded program from non finance Executives. Looking forward for a tremendous review post this batch
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - June 2019
Sunday 6:45 pm – 9:45 pm