AI has revolutionized the way one relates to the world. The outcomes of AI and related technologies have already become mainstream – chatbots, personalized shopping experience, automated disease diagnosis, etc. With more and more industries embracing AI, the AI revolution is reshaping the way we live and work.
Get on the path to an exciting, evolving career that is predicted to grow sharply into 2025 and beyond. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning will impact all segments of daily life by 2025, with applications in a wide range of industries such as healthcare, transportation, retail, insurance, transport and logistics and customer service.
This programme from IIM Kozhikode serves as a foundation course for professionals who wish to pursue a career in AI & ML. It is aimed at professionals wishing to upskill to a Data Scientist job role or for career progression purposes. The programme however is *not* a comprehensive introduction to the somewhat separate field of Big Data Analytics, which requires skills such as Hadoop or SPARK programming as well as Map-Reduce paradigm problem-solving skills. It is designed for executives who rely on information from large data, seek structured knowledge and leverage data to predict market trends.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) have a rapidly growing presence in today’s world, with applications ranging from heavy industry to education. From streamlining operations to informing better decision making, it has become clear that this technology has the potential to truly revolutionize how the everyday world works.
AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning are attracting more traction lately because of the recent innovations that have made headlines, Alexa, Siri, Humanoids, Chatbots, Robotics are some to name a few. The varied applicability of AI in a multitude of industries including entertainment, transportation, finance, retail etc. makes this technology a hot job and career destination.
According to Analytics Insight, experts predict that AI alone will generate close to 2.3 million jobs by 2020. However, additionally, it is predicted that this technology will take away over 1.7 million jobs, leading to a net addition of half a million new jobs worldwide.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI) - A program that can sense, reason, act, and adapt
MACHINE LEARNING (ML) - Algorithms whose performance improve as they are exposed to more data over time
DEEP LEARNING (DL) - Subset of machine learning in which multilayered neural networks learn from vast amounts of data
- Programme content and structure designed by IIM Kozhikode.
- 5 months Direct-2-Device (D-2-D) programme with weekend classes
- Programme content & structure designed by IIM Kozhikode
- 2 days in-campus module at IIM Kozhikode
- Lectures imparted by eminent faculty from IIM Kozhikode
- Hands on practical exposure on trending domains like AI, ML, DL etc.
- Earn a Certificate of Completion from IIM Kozhikode
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through D2D Sessions. D2D referes to Direct to Device that enable students to attend sessions from anywhere on their own systems as per LIVE schedule of session.
Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline from recognized University.
2 years of minimum work experience is required to apply
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Kozhikode on the basis of Academics, work experience and Statement of Purpose.
Executive Development Programme Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning will be awarded by IIM Kozhikode to the students on successful completion of the programme.
MODULE 1 – PYTHON
Basics of Python
- Data structures in python
- Control structures & functions
Pandas for importing data and pre-processing
- Pandas basics
- Indexing and selecting data
- Grouping and summarizing data frames
- Reading delimited and relational databases
- Reading data from websites
- Getting data from API’s
Numpy for Statistical Analysis
- Numpy basics
- Creating numpy arrays
- Structure and content of arrays
- Introducing Scientific Computing with Python SciPy
Matplotlib for Data Visualization
- Basics of visualization
- Plotting categorical and time-series data
- Plotting data distributions
Hands-on practice in all the sessions
MODULE 2: BASICS OF R
- Data structures and programming constructs in R
- Introduction to packages in R
- Data frame manipulation in R
- Data cleaning in R
- Fundamentals of Data Visualization with ggplot2
- Hands-on practice
MODULE 3: CONCEPTUAL LEARNING
Statistics and Optimization
- Descriptive statistics
- Understanding hypothesis testing
- Null and alternate hypotheses
- P-value method
- Critical value method
- T distribution
- Two sample mean test
- Linear and Integer Programming primer
- Non-Linear Optimization Primer
Supervised Vs Unsupervised Learning
- Multiple Variable Linear regression
- Logistic regression
- Naive Bayes classifiers
- Support vector machines
- K-means clustering
- Hierarchical clustering
- High-dimensional clustering
- Decision Trees
- Random Forests
- Reinforcement Learning Framework
- Q-Learning algorithm
- Curse of Dimensionality and Approximate Q-Learning
MODULE 4 : NEURAL NETWORKS AND DEEP LEARNING
- Introduction to Neural Networks
- Understanding Neural Networks with TensorFlow
- Deep dive into Neural Networks with TensorFlow
- Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN)
- Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN)
- Restricted Boltzman Machine (RBM) and Autoencoders
- Keras and TFLearn API
- Deep Neural Net Optimization, tuning and Interpretability
- Image Classification with Keras
- Construct a GAN with Keras
MODULE 5: CAPSTONE PROJECT SUPERVISION
- Participants to undertake capstone project supervised by IIM Kozhikode faculty
2 days in-campus module at IIM Kozhikode
How it Work
- Lectures delivered by eminent faculty from IIM Kozhikode.
- Includes live lectures, application exercises with hands-on practice for some sessions and instrumented feedback with a strong emphasis on concepts and theory.
- In some segments, classes will be in lecture mode, though interspersed with Python/R/MS-Excel/MATLAB demonstrations.
- In other segments, participants will have laptops or desktops at their end with desktop sharing enabled for the instructor. All examples demonstrated or constructed in class will be run individually with assistance.
- Assignments/Projects – Other than optional activity, no assignment is proposed outside of class hours due to the ease of copying (or modifying) code. The 16 quiz segments are likely to have at least 8 code quizzes and hence those will count as ‘Proof of Work’
- Sessions will be delivered from IIM Kozhikode studio on TPL technology platform to participants who would be attending from their respective locations via their device (Laptop/Tablet) in a two-way video/audio interactive mode (D-2-D).
- A two days in-campus module at IIM Kozhikode
Programme Director: Prof. Mohammed Shahid Abdulla
INR 95,000/- plus GST as applicable
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Total Amount to be paid in 3 installments
|At the time of registration||INR 20,000 + GST 18% *|
|2nd Instalment||INR 40,000 + GST 18% *|
|3rd Installment||INR 35,000 + GST 18%|
*Its tentative installment structure and subject to change.
|Application End Date||30th August 2020|
|Programme Start date||September 2020|
After successful delivery of First Batch IIM Kozhikode proudly announce the second batch of eMDp in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Candidates have been benefitted and we are receiveing more enquiries for this programme for second batch. You can expect wonderful content delivered through practical approach and can help in achieving your career goals.
They have introduced campus visit as well as added one month more in the duration of programme with more refined content. Its is one of the best programms in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning available from any IIM or top b school of India.
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - September 2020
Sunday 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
All payment terms & conditions for application, registration, programme and campus fees are adhering to the policy of respective Institute or their Service/ Technology partners. Team “The Top B School” does not take any payment or fees on this website or in any of our account.
All applications are assessed by the respective institute and our team has no role in selection/rejection/on hold status of candidate.
"The Top B School" team is responsible for counselling, admission guidance, sharing application links and helping in completing application & registration processes. In any case, our team will not be responsible for any payments, refunds and results.