FinTech is one of the fastest-growing sectors in the financial services space worldwide. Over the past decade, it has become a hotbed of customer-centric innovation, disrupting industries, and transforming the face of financial services. This has elevated the demand for a unique combination of knowledge of finance and technology. IIM Kozhikode’s Professional Certificate Programme in FinTech caters to this demand and aids financial professionals to upskill and comprehend the technology side and tech experts to upskill and understand the financial markets.
The advent of disruptive technologies and the new generation of predictive analysis and Big Data have paved the way for the aggressive demand for FinTech. The over-exploding interest in financial technology across the globe has made notions like payments, identity, money, and security be viewed through a different lens. Hence, the need of the hour is impactful FinTech research output and highly skilled personnel to serve the evolving financial services industry. The Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode is uniquely positioned to play a vital role in fostering the FinTech Industry in India by attracting world-class faculty to offer this exceptional educational program. The course would cover the concepts of financial modelling required to deal with FinTech problems and delve into recent FinTech trends, dealing with data to address the financial modelling issues, blockchain, and cryptocurrency.
- Contextually designed programme for finance and tech professionals
- Hands-on experience to brace the highly dynamic financial industry
- Campus immersion module of 12 hours
- Focus on real business use cases
This programme helps the participants to understand:
- How Financial Modelling plays a role in FinTech
- How Blockchain is used in the financial services industry
- How Payment Tech, Insurtech plays a significant role in today’s financial sector
- What are Cryptocurrencies and smart contracts, and how to use them
- The challenges or security threats in implementing FinTech solutions and how they can be overcome
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or Integrated Masters’ Degree (10+2+5)
• Relevant work experience of a minimum of 3 years after completion of qualifying education from any of the above.
The selection will be based on candidate’s profile evaluation, subject to meeting eligibility criteria. Final selection of participants will be solely done by IIMK.
The programme will comprise the following courses:
- Introduction to FinTech
- FinTech in Banking and Finance
- Digital Disruption in Financial Markets
- Innovation & Transformation in FinTech
- Digital Banking
- Peer-to-peer Lending
- Credit Scoring and AI Implementation
- FinTech Innovation Using IoT
- Detection of Fraud
- Algorithm – Risk-based Pricing
- Introduction to Finance Modelling
- Data Modelling in Excel
- Financial Functions in Excel
- Modelling Tools Usage and Simulation Technique
- Optimisation Models
- Introduction to Blockchain and How it Works?
- Blockchain in Banking
- Benefits and How Blockchain will Impact the Financial Sector?
- Limitations of Blockchain
- Digital Tokens or Blockchain Tokens
- Smart Contracts
- DAO (Decentralised Autonomous Organisations) and DAC (Decentralised Autonomous Corporations)
- Implementation Strategies for FinTech Providers
- FinTech as Key Levers for Banking Transformation
- Top Use Cases for FinTech Implementation in Banks
- User Experience Design for FinTech
- Service Design for FinTech
- Challenges of Doing B2B Business for FinTech
- Consumers Ask of FinTech
- How Should You Sell Your Proposition?
- To Whom Should You Sell Your Proposition?
- Navigating the Organisational Dynamics
- Participants who successfully meet the evaluation criteria and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
*Taxes will be added as applicable
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 3 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||08-May-2022|
|Class Start Date||19-Jun-2022|
|Programme end date||30-Apr-2023|
The pedagogy includes expert lectures by industry-experienced faculty from IIMs, and other top Institutes including Industry experts, case studies of successful and failed FinTech ideas, hands-on workshops on MS-Excel, R-Studio, Dialog Flow & Blockchain Demo Sites, coding and fieldwork projects. The teaching approach will be highly interactive leveraging technology and deploying diverse pedagogical tools and techniques, including lectures, case studies, assignments, quizzes, project work etc.
To Be Published.Apply Now