The programme offers highly structured and robust approach to decision making in supply chains. State-of-the-art analytical models are combined with intuitive arguments in the classroom to improve the supply chain decisions. Discussions on cross-functional issues broaden the perspective and add to the rigor of the course. Participants graduating from this program are expected to move into senior roles in supply chain management in areas including strategic sourcing and procurement, logistics and distribution management, retailing, e-commerce, product management, production planning, and other allied areas of supply chain.
To equip managers and practitioners with the concept and practices of SCM which will help them deliver corporate success through a more efficient coordination with their suppliers, and customers. The programme has been designed to suit the requirements of managers involved in SCM operational activities like procurement, production planning, logistics planning and sales & distribution planning, and strategic activities like vendor selection and management, SCM network optimization, and product/process re-design for SCM. The role of logistics and supply chain managers is progressively shifting from supply focused to demand focused owing to the increasing competitiveness of the business environment. This unique programme has been designed by experts at IIM Calcutta to enable these managers to be adequately skilled to rise up to the expectations of their firms. Further to enable supply chain practitioners comprehend and leverage the business environment as well as equip them with skills to assume greater responsibilities cross-functionally, the programme includes topics on fundamental aspects of management theory.
- Recognized Certification from the foremost B School in the country
- Learning from the best faculty in India and Industry Experts
- Case studies and simulations
- Continue earningwhile you gain a high quality Certification and improve eligibility for better job profiles with a recognized certification
- Library Access
- LDP alumni membership of IIMC present globally - which has its own sets of advantages for identity, brand value, and marketability of the participants
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through Interactive Onsite Learning platform where LIVE and highly interactive Sessions are conducted in the Authorized Study Centres established across India.
Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate- considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE
3 years of minimum work experience is required to apply
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Calcutta on the basis of Academics, work experience, Statement of Purpose and ENTRANCE Exam (to be conducted in the nearest study centre).
Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management will be awarded by IIM Calcutta to students on successful completion of the programme.
Alumni Status/ Placement
On successfull completion IIM Calcutta will award Alumni status to students
INTRODUCING SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Core Supply Chain processes: Customer Management Processes, Demand Management Processes (Balances the customers’ requirements with the firm’s capabilities and capacity (S&OP), Order Fulfillment Processes (Integrates manufacturing, logistics, and marketing plans), Manufacturing Flow Management Processes, Supplier Relationship Management Processes, New Product Development Processes, Reverse Logistics Processes
- Supply Chain Structure Design: Push, pull, postponement
- Supply Chain complexity- Alignment with Demand and Supply Uncertainty, Bull whip effect, reducing variability and buffering against variability, Handling uncertainty, tools for identifying causes of variability and improving supply chain capability
- Evaluating supply chain network strategy: capacity, technology, translating supply chain decisions into financial terms - Total Landed Cost, Total Cost of Ownership, Discounted cash flow analysis
- Information flow design:
- Working with suppliers: procurement, auctions, risk sharing
- Coordinating manufacturing: production planning, BOM, MRP/DRP
- Collaborating with customers: aggregate planning, S&OP, bullwhip
- Risk & Resilience Development in Supply Chains
- Causes and Classification of Disruptions
- Responses and Preparation
- resilience through redundancy, flexibility, trade-off curve between recovery and mitigation strategies
B. DEMAND PLANNING & FORECASTING
- Forecasting metrics- MD, MSE, RMSE, MAD, MAPE, MPE
- Time Series Analysis- Level, trend & seasonality models- moving average, simple exponential smoothing, exponential smoothing with trend, damped trends, double exponential smoothing model for level & seasonality, Holt-Winter model for level, trend and seasonality
- Causal models- simple linear regression
- Croston’s Model for intermittent demand
C. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
- Economic Order Quantity models- sensitivity, non-instantaneous lead time, quantity discounts, concept of back orders
- Single period inventory models – critical ratio, expected profit, expected units short
- Continuous review policy(s,Q) model & Periodic review policy (R,S) model using performance metrics (cycle service level and item fill rate) and stockout cost metrics (cost per stockout event and cost per item short)
- Special issues- exchange curves, grouping like items, location pooling
- Freight transportation- modes and their selection, impact on inventory
- Packaging- Primary, Secondary, & Tertiary levels, containers
- Warehousing- design, operations heuristics, material handling, WMS
D2. GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Customs, Duties, Tariffs, INCO terms, Rules of origin, Letter of credit etc.
- International Transportation, landed cost analysis
- Trading blocks, Trade Zone, Bonded warehouses, ICD.
- Currency fluctuations, exchange rate risks, Transfer Pricing, permanent establishment
E. MODELLING & ANALYTIC TOOLS
- Supply chain network design
- Facilities location & Vehicle routing models
- Process mapping
- System dynamic tools (causal loop diagrams, stock and flow diagrams, behaviour over time charts)
- Introduction to database management concepts and tools
- Introduction to machine learning concepts and tools
F. DESIGNING & MANAGING CHANNEL PARTNERS – DISTRIBUTION
- Role of Distribution Channels
- Product Life Cycle and Distribution Challenges
- Managing Customer Relationships
- Measuring Channel Performance
- Managing Channel Conflict
G. PROCUREMENT AND SOURCING MANAGEMENT
- Development of Supply Strategies
- Purchasing Performance Evaluation
- Supplier Price & Cost Analysis, Value Analysis
H.SPECIAL TOPICS IN SCM
- Quality Management, Six sigma & Lean Management Concepts
- Recent Advances in Technology
- Taxation & supply chains
- Legal Aspects of Purchasing, Sourcing & Contracts
I: TOPICS IN FUNDAMENTALS OF MANAGEMENT THEORY
Conceptual framework of financial reporting; Corporate Financial Statements: Balance Sheet; Profit and Loss Statement; Cash Flow Statement Analyzing Financial Statements; Financial Ratios
Core Concepts of Marketing, Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning Decisions Elements of Marketing Mix: Product Decisions, Price Decisions, Placement Decisions and Promotion Decisions
Strategy & Strategic management process
Evaluating firms’ external and internal environments Business-level & Corporate strategies
Organization Structure and design
- Microeconomics concepts
Demand-supply Analysis, Elasticity, Opportunity Cost, Production Costs, Firm Behavior, Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Pricing Strategies
- International Trade
Theories of international trade, Trade pattern across the world- trade and investment linkage through production networks Trade policy instruments-tariff, quota and other measures WTO and Trade Blocks
On-campus sessions will be conducted twice and total of 10 days during course.
How it Work
Each course will be taught with the help of case studies, live corporate examples and general discussions. In order to provide greater industry insights, business leaders from the different industries would be invited to share their experiences.
- Theory & Practical Inputs
- Case study approach.
- Assignments, E-Learning, & Business Simulation
- Prof. Bodhibrata Nag
- Prof. Partha Priya Datta
INR 2,000/- plus GST as applicable
INR 2,65,500/- plus GST as applicable
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Hughes Global Education India Limited
IIM Calcutta is launching this program with a added rigor and detailed content this time. The course content is very promising and we can expect a very concentrated and practical program for professionals who look forward to grow in SCM career.
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - August 2019
Wednesday 6.30 pm to 9.30pm