Today, the Indian start-up ecosystem is booming! From a nascent ecosystem with just a few tech-focused ventures to 60,000 start-ups currently, it has evolved and matured favourably in the past decade. Success in any entrepreneurial venture is dependent on various factors viz., New Product Development, Go-to-Market Strategies, Brand Building, etcetera. IIM Calcutta’s ‘Start-up Readiness, Growth and Execution (SURGE): An Entrepreneurship Programme’ caters to the demands of the progressively growing start-up ecosystem and aids entrepreneurs to upskill and establish a venture efficaciously.
Success in any entrepreneurial venture is dependent on various factors like the business idea and model; understanding and tackling the regulatory environment; processes and procedures; and building and managing the organisation through the heady, but tough, early phase, etc.
IIM Calcutta’s ‘Start-up Readiness, Growth and Execution (SURGE): An Entrepreneurship Programme’ has been designed keeping in mind the complexities of an entrepreneurial journey. The nine-month course will be an entrepreneurship toolkit programme culminating in a campus visit where participants submit their business plans and the best of them will be reviewed by a panel of judges including at least one venture capitalist.
|Growth in the Indian Start-up Ecosystem between 2015 and 2021 (Infographic)|
9X increase in the number of investors
7X increase in the total funding of Start-ups
7X increase in the number of incubators
- 6-month programme designed for ‘entrepreneurs in waiting’
- Mental toolkit and competence sharpener for budding entrepreneurs
- On-campus presentation of Capstone Project reviewed by a Venture Capitalist
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status for all successful participants
- Understand the entrepreneurship lifecycle
- Formulate a business plan and develop a business model
- Learn building, managing, and scaling up your organisation
- How to fund your entrepreneurial dream
- How to face and manage change and challenges
- Working professionals with minimum 1 year of experience
- Early career executives with an orientation towards entrepreneurship and with an interest in starting a new venture or scaling an existing small venture would find the programme particularly useful.
- Women entrepreneurs, late-career entrepreneurs, and non-metro entrepreneurs too will benefit from the programme
The selection will be based on candidate’s application and credentials.
Working professionals wishing to participate in the programme need to have a minimum experience of 1 year.
The programme will comprise the following courses:
• Learning from other Entrepreneurs’ Experiences
• Knowing Your Entrepreneurial Self
• Creative Thinking and Opportunity Conceptualisation
• Identifying, Recognising and Screening Opportunities
• Developing a Business Plan
• Crafting a Business Model
• Understanding the Regulatory Framework and Law
• Understanding Intellectual Property
• Mastering Entrepreneurial Finance
• Honing Marketing Skills
• Operations for Entrepreneurs
• Start-up Organisation Design
• Forming and Building a Team
• Finances and Funding
• Understanding Issues in Scaling-up
• Managing Teams through Growth
• Managing Finances
• Managing Change
• Learnings from the Field
• IIMC Innovation Park Workshop
• Capstone Project will be based on individuals or groups of individuals creating a business plan using tools/concepts covered in various modules over the duration of the programme
- At the end of the course, eligible students will receive a ‘Certificate of Successful Completion’ of the programme issued jointly by IIM Calcutta and IIMC Innovation Park, along with a grade sheet carrying grade of their Capstone Project (Business Plan).
- It is mandatory for participants to attend the campus visit for successful completion of the programme.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Campus Visit Charges for On-campus Stay||24,000|
|Total Fee (Excluding Registration Fee)||2,64,000|
*GST will be additional as applicable.
· Processing Fee includes ₹7,150 towards Registration Fee and ₹2,850 towards the Programme Fee. Processing Fee of ₹10,000 is refundable in case the participant’s profile is rejected by IIM Calcutta.
· Participants will have the option of making their own stay arrangements during the campus module.
· They will be required to opt for this option at the time of registering for the programme. No change will be allowed later.
· The campus visit fee for participants staying off-campus during the campus modules will be ₹5,000/- per day + GST. Total Amount to be paid: ₹15,000 + GST.
There will be a cap of 75 for residential seats during the campus visit. The first 75 candidates who opt for campus accommodation will be allowed.
All Fees are payable to the Times Group (BCCL).
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 3 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||22-May-2022|
|Academic orientation date||05-Jun-2022|
|Programme start date||12-Jun-2022|
|Tentative Programme End Date||14-Mar-2023|
The teaching approach will be highly interactive and leverage technology and deploy diverse pedagogical tools and techniques, including lectures, guest sessions from practitioners, case discussions, and Capstone Project – Development of a business plans across the course duration.
Will be Published Soon.Apply Now