General Management programme with specialization in areas such as engineering, medicine, pure sciences, commerce, etc., enter the workplace with little exposure to managerial concepts and skills. For them, the initial immersion into the complex world of practice can be challenging. After a period of unwavering commitment and attention to the details of one’s work, the executive in search of excellence requires fresh insights and inputs. There arises a need for sharpening skills and strengthening the value of one’s experience with the theoretical buttress. Towards this end, EPGM aims to equip these professionals with the appropriate managerial know-how. EPGM is designed to provide both perspective and managerial skills to successfully meet the challenges of today’s global business environment. The program provides an integrated overview of core business functions, key concepts, tools and techniques and enhances skills to provide a programme participant critical inputs required to do well in select functional areas. The program would enhance the participant's ability to face current and future challenges of management and business administration.
- Premier & successful General Management Program from IIMC – India’s foremost business school
- Revised and updated course content and coverage
- Books, Cases and Study Materials included in the Course
- A new team of program directors, each from a core business area, to build in more rigor & quality into the program
- Specially selected core faculty of the institute and faculty from abroad.
- Quality interactions and increased peer group learning
- Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of Interactive Onsite Learning.
- Participants selected, based on elaborate selection process and profiling.
- Alumni Status from IIMC
- Huge alumni base from past 20 batches has been largely benefited from this program. Several participants have advanced their careers within and outside their organizations.
- Superior performance on the job
- Exclusive focus on imparting managerial skills
- Development of career
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through Interactive Onsite Learning platform where LIVE and highly interactive Sessions are conducted in the Authorized Study Centres established across India.
Graduates (10+2+3) / Post Graduates in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate - considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE.
1 year of minimum work experience is required to apply
Professionals with Maximum 5 years of experience can apply.
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Calcutta on the basis of Academics, work experience, Statement of Purpose and ENTRANCE Exam (to be conducted in the nearest study centre).
Executive Certificate in General Management will be awarded by IIM Calcutta to students on successful completion of the programme.
Alumni Status/ Placement
On successfull completion IIM Calcutta will award Alumni status to students.
Executive Programme in General Management (EPGM) comes with 7 modules
- The Finance Module gives an overview of financial accounting. It will walk you through mechanism for preparation of financial statements using illustrations and extend to the Analysis of the Financial Statements. Case studies to cover cost accounting and its use in managerial decision making. Learn to make Capital Investment Decisions, Valuation of Bonds and Shares, Risk and Return: Asset Pricing Models, Estimation of Cost of Capital, Valuation of a Firm, Capital Structure.
- The Economics Module touches upon the topics crucial in understanding firm’s objectives of profit maximization under different market scenario and also in following nation’s Economy. Sessions will cover the concepts from Microeconomics like: Individual Demand and Market demand of a Product and similarly Individual and Market Supply of a product, Firm’s optimum decision making, understanding key economic variables such as GDP, Inflation, Balance of Payments (BOP), Exchange Rate, Fiscal and Monetary Policy.
- The Marketing Module in EPGM introduces you to the essentials of marketing management - its concepts, theories, and frameworks. Through the module, you will learn to apply various concepts such as segmentation, targeting, positioning, branding, and customer value to a variety of business situations. The objective is to comprehensively develop a feasible marketing plan for targeting customers with appropriate products and services, and devising methods to deliver, communicate, and capture value.
- The Operations Management Module aims to introduce modeling and optimization of problems commonly occurring in organizational operations. It also inducts you to process analysis and improvement, and decision making under uncertainty which we help them succinctly represent a complex problem and make right decisions in the current environment which is filled with uncertainty.
- The Behavioral Science Module attempts to develop conceptual understanding and practical skills in basics of OB, interpersonal relation building, interpersonal transactions, communication related models and application for intra- and cross-national communication, leadership theories and diagnosis of leadership styles, crisis leadership, leading teams, negotiation skills' development, organizational structure and design, managing organizational change, individual's and organizational effects on decision making, conflict management.
- The Strategic Management module would cover topics such as Industry Analysis, Competitive Strategy, Product Diversification, Vertical Integration, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Strategic Alliances
- The Ethics & Communication module covers Sessions on Ethics and two broad Communication topics namely Communication Strategy and Communication for Conflict Management.
*Minimum 66% attendance required in every module
On-campus sessions will be twice during course for total of 7 days.
How it Work
The pedagogy will be highly interactive. It will leverage use of technology and will consist of, depending on the subject, a judicious blend of lectures, real life case studies, quizzes and assignments
- Prof. Ritu Mehta
- Prof. Arpita Ghosh
- Prof. Palash Deb
INR 2,500 plus GST as applicable
INR 2,76,750/- plus GST as applicable
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Total amount to be paid in 4 installments
INR 80,000/- + GST
INR 24,000/- + GST
INR 75,000/- + GST
INR 73,000/- + 18,000/- + GST
Hughes Global Education India Limited
This program is again one of the oldest programs, being delivered on Virtual Platform from IIM Calcutta. Earlier it is also knoen as "Executive Program for Young Professionals" and "Executive Program for Young Managers". Already more than 18 batches are launched and Faculty ensures updating content and delivery with every new launch. Good number of professionals with different profiles, have done this program and they have given very positive feedback about this program. This 12 months program equip candidates with Genaral Management concepts.The program has good Alumni base. Professionals who just began the career and look forward for quick growth, muturity in decision making and detailed knowledge on all aspects of management such as Marketing, Finance, HR, Operations, Startegy and more, should join this program. Certainly a good to go program as it will enable candidates to take up managerial roles in the organizations.
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - TBD
Saturdays 6.45 PM – 9.45 PM & Sundays 12.15 PM - 3.15 PM