Businesses across the globe are forced to address increasingly complex problems, adapt to rapid changes in technology, work across disciplines, produce more with limited resources and respond to almost continuous change through periodic reorganization and continuing innovation.
These demands have significantly increased the need for managers to think strategically and to work effectively in collaborative relationships - dyads, teams, and partnerships to realize their strategies.
The course aims to develop strategic thinking and implementation skills among managers who are already in or are going to be in general management roles. Thus, it aims to develop an appreciation of the concepts of corporate strategy. It also aims to develop an appreciation of the strategic issues facing an organization. Finally it also aims to develop leadership skills to steer successful strategy formulation and implementation.
This programme was earlier named as PLAM. It has been renamed as EPLM with the 6th batch.
By focusing on senior managers with more than 10 years’ experience and who may not have had an opportunity of studying at a business school, EPLM seek to work towards the mission of providing quality executive education and develop their leadership potential.
- Face to face workshops with Case studies, content and business simulations at the IIMC Campus
- Renowned faculty from India & Abroad for online interactive lectures
- Recognized Certification from the foremost B School in the country
- Learning from the best faculty in India and Industry Experts
- Special inputs from International Faculty and accredited International Institute
- Well researched & up-to-date Course Content
- Rigorous Programme Structure with assessments for every course
- Case studies and simulations
- Continue earning while you gain a high quality Certification and improve eligibility for better job profiles with a recognized certification
- Alumni membership of IIMC present globally – which has its own sets of advantages for identity, brand value, and marketability of the participants
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through Interactive Onsite Learning platform where LIVE and highly interactive Sessions are conducted in the Authorized Study Centres established across India.
Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate- considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE.
10 years of minimum work experience is required to apply
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Calcutta on the basis of Academics, work experience, Statement of Purpose and personal interview.
Executive Certificate in Leadership and Management will be awarded by IIM Calcutta to students on successful completion of the programme.
Alumni Status/ Placement
On successfull completion IIM Calcutta will award Alumni status to students
Appreciating the macro contexts of doing businesses:
- Geopolitics of adoption of business practices across economies
- Vulnerabilities in the Social and Natural Environments: The rise of Responsible Business
- Global production orders and limits of strategic choices available to business organizations
- Why strategy goals are different in emerging economies: Late industrialization and its techno-economic dynamics
Module 1: Thinking Strategically: Economics of strategic moves
- What is strategy and what does one seek through a strategy?
- Strategies of deterrence and cooperation
- Growing profitably: Does industry choice matter?
- Competing in product markets: Positioning choices
- Managing across value chains: Vertical integration, contracting and alliances
- Corporate strategy: Managing business portfolios and controlling diversified entities
Module 2: Leading the organization in stability and turbulence
- Understanding Self
- Perceiving Self, Organization and Environment
- Managing Group Processes
- Leadership function
- Power and Politics
Module 3: Managing financial relationships and expectations
Part A: Linking managerial action and shareholder interests (between first campus visit & module 1)
- Reading and interpreting balance sheets and financial statements
- Designing financial control systems
Part B: Financial structures and relationships (After 2nd campus visit)
- Financial restructuring, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Financing rapid growth: Raising finances and building financial alliances
- Managing relations with financial stakeholders: Dynamics in the boardroom and in investor/analyst communities
Module 4: Designing Organisations for sustenance and innovation
- Design: Nuts and Bolts
- Traditional Design options
- Strategy and Structure Interlinkage
- Emerging Organisational Templates
- Organizational Culture and change
- Organizing for Design Thinking and Ideation
- Managing Growth and institutionalization of new initiatives
Module 5: Strategic choices in the Networked Era: The economics of platforms
- Growing by business model innovation
- Why is strategy making different in the digital world: Increasing returns economics and network externalities
- Strategies to build Platforms, Marketplaces and ecosystems
- Strategic choices in highly modular production environments
- Strategies for accessing resources beyond the organization
- Managing identities, reputations and other intangible assets
Workshop: (During second campus visit)
Workshop on Communication for Leaders in second campus visit
(Strategic Communication, Networking and influencing through communicative acts and shaping discourses, tools and modes to leverage Social Media)
Valediction, certification and project presentations/evaluation/on-campus mentoring sessions
On-campus sessions will be twice during course for total of 7 days.
How it Work
- Theory & Practical Inputs
- Case study approach.
- Assignments, E-Learning, & Business Simulation
Prof. Vidyananda Jha - Professor in Behavioural Scianeces
Prof. Biswatosh Saha - Prof. Biswatosh Saha is Associate Professor in StrategicManagement
INR 2,500/- plus GST as applicable
INR 5,12,500/- plus GST as applicable (inclusive of registration fees)
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Total amount to be paid in 3 installments
|I||INR 1,80,000/- + GST|
|II||INR 1,40.000/- + GST|
|III||INR 1,80,000/- + GST|
Hughes Global Education India Limited
Applications are open for last round
Classes starting in August 2020
This program is oldest in market in Senior Management and Leadership domain. Earlier the same program was known as PLAM i.e. Program in Leading and Managing. IIM Calcutta has improved its content every year. The campus component is twice in 9 Months which is cherry on the cake for professionals. 7 days of campus immersion harldy invloved in any 9 months program. By speaking to Alumni we could conclude that it is definately a promising program to go for all middle level managers who look forward to take up senior roles and for all Senior managers who look forward to get updated on knowledge skills and going next level positions
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - August 2020
Wednesday 6:45 PM to 9:45 PM
All payment terms & conditions for application, registration, programme and campus fees are adhering to the policy of respective Institute or their Service/ Technology partners. Team “The Top B School” does not take any payment or fees on this website or in any of our account.
All applications are assessed by the respective institute and our team has no role in selection/rejection/on hold status of candidate.
"The Top B School" team is responsible for counselling, admission guidance, sharing application links and helping in completing application & registration processes. In any case, our team will not be responsible for any payments, refunds and results.