Businesses today are trying to engage with data science in one form or another. Unfortunately, only a few have been able to even grasp the idea of what constitutes data science, let alone implement it usefully and profitably. This program introduces its participants to the world of data science. The objective is to strip away all the distractions around data science – codes, tools, etc., and teach the techniques using practical cases that can be understood and appreciated by someone with an elementary knowledge of mathematics. This program uses hands-on approach to data science where participants get to work with data sets to generate insights for businesses.
Get certified from XLRI - Opportunity to earn Certificate of Completion from XLRI
Learn Python, Excel and R hands on - Hands on exposure to popular Business Analytics tools like Excel and R.
Gain practical and working knowledge of tools - This program is completely oriented towards imparting practical and working knowledge of tools.
Program designed entirely by XLRI - Content and structure of this program has been entirely designed by XLRI
Learn from the top faculty of XLRI - Lectures imparted by eminent faculty from XLRI and Industry experts.
Competency in decoding the art of data science - Strip away all the distractions around data science – codes, tools, etc.
Work with data sets and generate business insights - Hands-on approach to data science to generate insights for businesses
Career Management Services from Right Management
As a participant of this program, avail the following career management services offered exclusively by talent and career management experts from Right Management (a Manpower Group company)
- Assistance with Resume Building
- Assistance with developing Social Media Profile (LinkedIn etc.)
- Interview Preparation
- Personalized 1 on 1 Mock Interview session
- Curated Job Search Support
- Individual Career Coaching
- Access to the RightEverywhere Portal
- Personalized and individual engagement across 3 months
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through D2D Sessions. D2D referes to Direct to Device that enable students to attend sessions from anywhere on their own systems as per LIVE schedule of session.
Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university in any discipline.
- Mathematics as a subject up to Class XII
- Familiarity with Python and R is desirable but not mandatory
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts will be beneficial
- This course is entirely hands-on, and so it is recommended, though not a necessity, that students have two devices – one to follow the lecture and the other for hands-on practice on Python and R (laptop/desktop)
Profiles will be assesed by XLRI Jamshedpur on the basis of Academics, work experience and Statement of Purpose
Alumni Status/ Placement
Executive Development Program in Data Science using Python, Excel and Rwill be awarded by XLRI Jamshedpur to the students on successful completion of the programme.
Introduction to Python
- Installing Python and Jupyter Notebook
- Basic data structures in Python
- Writing Functions in Python
- Looping in Python
- Introduction to some of the most useful packages in Python
Introduction to R
- Basic Classes of R Objects
- Working with Vectors, Matrices, Dataframes
- Advanced functions in R
- Looping in R
- Writing functions in R
- An introduction to data analytics in R
- Basic differences between R and Python
Introduction to Excel
- Working with Functions – VLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX, OFFSET, INDIRECT, etc.
Data Wrangling in Python and R
- Managing missing data
- Managing outliers
- Removing duplicate rows
- Making data Tidy
Data Visualization using Tableau
Introduction to Linear Algebra and Calculus
Introduction to Statistics
- Types of Data
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Sampling Distributions
- Type I and Type II Errors
Market Basket Analysis
- Implementing Apriori algorithm in Excel and R
- Calculating Lift
Customer Segmentation: Cluster Analysis
- K-means Clustering in Python/R
- Generating Insights from the Clusters
- Implementing Spherical K-means Clustering Using Python and R
Predicting Employee Churn
- Data science in HR
- Predicting employee turnover
- Evaluating employee turnover models
- Choosing the best turnover model
- Data Visualization Principles
- Visualizing relative performance
- Visualizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Data Visualization in Excel, R and Python
- Naïve Bayesian Classifier
- Learning Bayes Rule to Create an AI Model
- Training Linear Regression Models
- Statistical Significance of Models
- Evaluating Model Performance
- Logistic Regression
- Comparing Models with ROC curves
- Implementing Models using Python and R
- Simple Exponential Smoothing
- Holt’s Trend Corrected Exponential Smoothing
- Holt-Winter’s Method
- Prediction Intervals Using Monte Carlo Simulation
- Graphing Predictions Using Fan Cart
- Implementing Models using Python and R
How it Work
Case study learning - Hands-on learning using case studies, projects and simulations
Live & Interactive Digital Learning - Live tutored classes not recorded sessions
Weekend schedule - Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals
Industry interactions - Interactive live sessions with Industry stalwarts
Mobile platform enabled - Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers
Classroom based learning - Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
The classes for this program will be held through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms using Talentedge’s Direct To Device platform. The pedagogy will comprise of lectures, case studies, interactive sessions, project work and class exercises imparted by XLRI’s faculty in order to help participants gain the knowledge, understanding, and hands-on skills to immediately apply their learning in the workplace. Additionally, participants will be assigned project work and an end course assessment that will be evaluated by the Faculty in addition to providing feedback.
All participants will also be granted 24X7 access to Cloud Campus comprising of learning aids, study materials, reference materials, assessments, case studies and assignments etc. as per the requirement of the program. Students can chat real time with the professors during the live class and also post all other program related queries offline on the Cloud Campus.
Prof. Pitabas Mohanty - Fellow (IIM Bangalore), CFA (ICFAI), CWA, Fulbright Fellow (Stern School of Business, New York University)
For Indian Residents - INR 100000/- plus GST as applicable
For International Students - USD$ 2000/-
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Total amount to be paid in 3 installments
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 35,000 +
Rs. 25,000 +
Rs. 40,000 +
Apply before course start date and it is advised to apply as early as possible for securing seat. Candidate has to pay 2 installment before start of the programme.
Starting from introduction to Python, Excel and R to Regression and Forecasting, all technical Aspects covered in this Data Science Program. Faculty take care that candidates use two devices, one is for Session attendance purpose and another is for putting formulas and all practical practice. Overall a Practical and technical Program offered by XLRI Jamshedpur to Working Executives. The best part is this online course introduces its participants to the world of data science. The objective is to strip away all the distractions around data science – codes, tools, etc., and teach the techniques using practical cases that can be understood and appreciated by someone with an elementary knowledge of mathematics.
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - Feb 2021
Saturday from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
All payment terms & conditions for application, registration, programme and campus fees are adhering to the policy of respective Institute or their Service/ Technology partners. Team “The Top B School” does not take any payment or fees on this website or in any of our account.
All applications are assessed by the respective institute and our team has no role in selection/rejection/on hold status of candidate.
"The Top B School" team is responsible for counselling, admission guidance, sharing application links and helping in completing application & registration processes. In any case, our team will not be responsible for any payments, refunds and results.