As a General Manager, you must have cross-functional competencies and be aware of the management skills required across all business functions like marketing & sales, finance & accounting, operations, human resources, etc., to be able to orchestrate various business operations efficiently. However, in Industry 4.0, amidst a constantly changing business environment, you should also be agile enough to adapt to be able to take advantage of the emerging opportunities.
IIM Kashipur’s Post Graduate Certificate Programme in General Management (PGCGM) provides a thorough understanding of all the areas of business with its comprehensive programme curriculum and a global perspective. Master the key management skills and emerge as a manager capable of shaping the future of business.
Post Graduate Certificate Programme in General Management
The Post Graduate Certificate Programme in General Management (PGCPGM) by IIM Kashipur is a year-long programme designed for aspiring managers who wish to shape the future of Global Business. The programme aims to develop the managerial skills of the participants in today’s fast-changing business environment.
In this programme, participants will be able to learn core business functions, concepts, and techniques and apply their skills and competencies in cross-functional areas. The programme facilitates continuous learning through case studies, discussions and simulations. The participants will also be able to network and be part of the peer learning process.
Upskilling in General Management
A professional qualification in General Management can help you gain the necessary knowledge required to handle various business situations. It will benefit you personally and professionally, throwing open the door of opportunities for career advancement.
A professional qualification in general management helps in:
Personal Gains Self-confidence | Credibility | Curiosity | Communication | Discipline | Time Management | Creativity | Knowledge Base | Strategic Thinking | Contingency Approach
Professional Gains Advanced Management Skills | People Management | Competitive Edge | Various Career Choices | Extensive Business Network | Attractive Pay Packages | Entrepreneurial Skills | Global Perspective | Rejuvenated Career
- Live classes by highly experienced IIM Kashipur faculty
- Experiential learning exercises
- In-campus simulation and communication lab workshop
- 3-day campus immersion
- IIM Kashipur Alumni status
- Certification from IIM Kashipur
The programme aims to:
- Enhance managerial and decision-making skills of the participants
- Provide participants with an opportunity to learn management concepts and techniques in functional and general management
- Provide management lessons with a global perspective
- Diploma (10+2+3); or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4); or 2 years of Master’s Degree or equivalent from a recognised university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience post completion of qualifying education.
- Participants who fulfil the above criteria but are not working currently, are also eligible.
Please note: Internships and Training Experiences will not be considered in full time work-experience
Participants will be selected based on their overall profile.
The programme will include the following modules:
• Understanding Marketing Management
• Capturing Consumer Insights
• Connective with Customers
• Strategic Marketing
• Shaping the Market Offerings
• Delivering and Communicating Value
• Digital Marketing
• Introduction of Financial Statements
• Financial Statement Analysis
• CVP Analysis
• Time Value Money
• Portfolio Management
• Bond Analysis
• Equity Analysis and Valuation
• Project Analysis and Decision-making
• Dividend Policy
• Unfolding Oneself in the Organisation
• Understanding Attitude and Job Satisfaction
• Managing Emotions in Organisations
• Exploring Personality
• Perception and Individual Decision-making
• Leveraging Motivation for Best Output
• Nuts and Bolts of Organisational Design
• Contemporary Forms of Organising
• Organisational Culture
• Organisational Change and Innovation
• Harnessing Leadership and Organisational Effectiveness
• Individual’s Life Cycle in an Organisation
• Navigating One’s Employability
• Unlocking One’s Potential
• Role of Technology in Work
• Laws Affecting Your Job
• Individual Choice and Behaviour
• Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium
• Production and Cost
• Types of Markets
• Indian Economy and its Institutions
• How do we know Business Environments are Favourable?
• Business Cycle and Role of the Government & RBI
• India’s Economic Interaction with Foreign Countries
• Information Systems for Organisations
• Strategic Role of Information Systems
• IT Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies
• Enterprise and E-commerce Applications
• Information Systems – Implementation, Diffusion, and Ethics
• Operations Management
• Supply Chain Processes
• Quantitative Techniques using Software Applications
• Fundamentals of Strategic Management
• Strategy Formulation
• Strategy Execution
• Strategic Thinking – New Concepts and Ideas
• Introduction to Managerial Communication
• Writing a Persuasive Message
• Effective Presentation Strategies
• Live Presentation and Feedback
- Participants who successfully meet the evaluation criteria and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’ from IIM Kashipur.
- Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation and the attendance criteria will be awarded a ‘Participation Certificate’ from IIM Kashipur.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Campus Visit Fee||24,000|
|Total Fee (Exclusive of Registration Fee)||2,25,000|
*GST will be additional as applicable.
Note: ₹15,000 + Applicable Tax (Processing fee contains ₹6,400 towards Registration fee & ₹8,600 towards the programme fees. Processing fee of ₹15,000 is refundable in case the participant’s profile is rejected by IIM Kashipur)
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 4 installments|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||20-Jul-2022|
|Academic Orientation Date||10-Jul-2022|
|Tentative Programme End Date||10-Jul-2023|
The teaching approach will be highly interactive, leverage technology, and deploy diverse pedagogical tools and techniques including lectures, case studies, assignments, quizzes, project work, etc. Simulations and communication workshops (live presentation and feedback) will involve in-campus learning experiences and Google classroom may be used to share additional course material.
To be publishedApply Now