Strategic leadership is a leader’s ability to visualize, plan, lead, and make the best out of the resources they have to execute strategies efficiently and successfully. Organisations around the globe are looking for strategic leaders in order to reinvent operational practices, mitigate risks, scale the business to a new level. IIM Lucknow’s Advanced Programme in Strategy for Leaders (APSL) polishes your skills to help you emerge as a strategic leader. The course will help you develop a detailed understanding of how to make the best use of your current skills with the necessary vision to make systemic changes to the way your organisation moves forward.
Advanced Programme in Strategy for Leaders
The Advanced Programme in Strategy for Leaders from IIM Lucknow is a comprehensive programme designed to impart core knowledge and skills required to lead a business or organisation from a strategy perspective. The curriculum will expose participants to basic concepts and framework of strategy and help them learn strategy formulation at different levels of an organisation. Further, participants will be taught to link strategy formulation and strategy implementation and acquire in-depth insights into advanced topics in strategy.
A business strategy is a set of guiding principles that when communicated and adopted in the organisation, generates a desired pattern of decision-making. (Harvard Business Review)
A coherent strategy is what separates a successful organisation from others. However, executing an organisational strategy to perfection is a team effort front-ended by leaders.
“Strategy is nothing without effective leaders to execute.”
In contemporary organisations, there are two major strategic roles of leaders:
- Outlining the organisational strategy, i.e., Strategy Formulation
- Developing systems and processes to ensure strategy realisation, i.e., Strategy Implementation
- Contextually designed 11-month programme for working professionals
- Campus immersion module of 3 days
- Focus on real business use cases
- Peer-learning & networking opportunities
- IIM Lucknow Executive Education Alumni status
This programme enables participants to understand concepts like:
- The meaning of strategy and relevance of strategic decisions
- Conceptual framework in strategic management
- Strategy types, formulation, and implementation
- Strategy in organisational and functional context
- Change management and transformation
- Graduate or equivalent (10+2+3) or Diploma (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or post-graduate with minimum 50% aggregate marks of all years
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience.
* Internships and training experiences are not considered as fulltime work experience
Students would be selected on the basis of their application forms and the statement of purpose submitted along with their applications.
The programme content comprises the following modules.
- Introduction to strategy and strategic decisions
- Conceptual framework in strategic management
- Understanding economic and business landscape
- Challenges of new disruptive business models
- Evaluation of external environment: general, industry, and competitor
- Assessment of resources, capabilities and competencies
- Building organisational vision and mission
- Developing business strategy
- Competitive rivalry and dynamics
- Developing corporate strategy
- Developing international strategy
- Cooperative strategies: Strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Technology and Innovation strategy
- Shaping strategies
- BOP strategies
- Strategy in emerging markets
- Corporate intrapreneurship
- Non-market strategy
- Designing and analysing business experiments
- Strategy implementation
- Organisation structure and management control
- Corporate governance, ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Corporate & Strategic communication
- Management of change and transformation
GROUP PROJECT DISCUSSION AND PRESENTATION
Certificate of Successful Completion – To qualify for Certificate of Successful Completion, following criteria needs to be fulfilled:
- 1. Each participant is expected to have 75% & above attendance for successful completion certificate.
- 2. COPM (Cumulative Overall Percentage of Marks) 50% and above.
If student does not fulfil any of the above criteria, then he/she will be given “Certificate of Participation” from IIML. “No Certificate” if attendance is less than 40%.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Application Fee||2,500 + GST|
|Programme Fee||2,50,000 + GST|
|IIML Executive Alumni Fee||10,000 + GST|
|Total Fees (Inclusive Application Fee and Alumni Fee)||2,62,500+ GST|
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 3 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||15-May-2022|
|Academic Orientation Date||13-Aug-2022|
|Tentative Programme End Date||18-Jul-2023|
The course will be taught with the help of case studies, live corporate examples and discussions. In order to provide greater industry insights, business leaders from different industries may be invited to share their experiences.
- Comprehensive case analysis and presentation on strategy
- Session specific case analysis and presentation
- The candidates will submit the business plan/strategy at the end of second module. Submitted plan/strategy to be implemented during third module. A report shall be prepared, presented, and discussed during the campus module
- Project(s) will be done in groups of three or four participants
To be publishedApply Now