In today’s world of business, scale and the ability to successfully manage business projects are critical skills for the sustained profitability and existence of organizations. Moreover, most members of organizations are involved in project-related activities in some way or the other. With the greater dynamism and complexity of business & macro-environment, project management skills and knowledge have become a requisite across different levels of the organizational structure. Unlike most other programs that take a narrow view of project management, this program covers issues relating to the operational, financial, stakeholder, and legal aspects of project management to develop a holistic approach for the evaluation and management of Business & IT Projects.
Unlike most programs on Project Management that have a narrow focus, this program aims to provide a holistic view of Project Management that would not only cover modern tools & techniques, but also topics such as project governance, change management, financial aspects, project audit, and project performance assessment as well. The program also maintains a healthy blend of inputs from highly reputed faculty of XLRI and industry experts.
Certificate from XLRI - Opportunity to earn Certificate of Completion from XLRI upon successful course completion. XLRI is among the top 5 business schools in India
Alumni Network - Be a part of rich Alumni Network
Learn alongside experienced professionals - Opportunities for peer learning in a group setting of high-experience professionals
Live & Interactive online classes - Not recorded videos - Real classroom experience - Interact & learn more -
Insights into current Project Management trends - Association with an industry collaborator to share current domain trends and contemporary practices
Separate modules for IT and Non-IT Project Managers - Participants can also choose to pursue both custom modules on payment of an additional fee of Rs.18000 plus GST
Study Materials and MS Project License included in the course fee - Hands-on interface with project simulations & tools along with workshop on Project Risk Management
More benefits to know about program are -
Live tutored classes not recorded sessions
Interactive live sessions with Industry stalwarts
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals
All classes are delivered live by the eminent faculty encouraging interactive discussions and query resolution
In session tech support on chat and call for immediate support
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through D2D Sessions. D2D referes to Direct to Device that enable students to attend sessions from anywhere on their own systems as per LIVE schedule of session.
Graduates or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
Minimum of 8 years of work experience of which at least 3 years must have been in a project management role OR
At least 5 years in a project execution role
Profiles will be assesed by XLRI Jamshedpur on the basis of Academics, work experience and Statement of Purpose.
Executive Development Program in Project Management for Senior Professionals will be awarded by XLRI Jamshedpur to the students on successful completion of the programme
Alumni Status/ Placement
On successfull completion XLRI Jamshedpur will award Alumni status to students.
Module 1: Basic Concepts & Applications of Project Management
- What the Program is all about
- Unique Challenges in the Project Management Environment
- Tools and Steps in Project Planning
- Introduction to Frameworks for Project Management (Agile, PMBOK)
- CPM & PERT
- Critical Chain Project Management
Module 2: Project Modelling and Management with Applications in MS-Project
- Project Management Simulation Exercise – Scope, Resources & Scheduling
- An Introduction to MS-Project
- Interpreting the output of an MS-Project Report
- Applications to Technical Scheduling and Resource Scheduling
- Resource Levelling
- Tracking and Monitoring Project Progress
Module 3: Financial & Risk Aspects of Projects
- Application of Financial Techniques for Analysis of Projects (NPV, IRR, Payback, Discounted Payback)
- Earned Value Management
- Project Budgeting & Cost Control
- Project Cost Estimation & Cost Reduction Strategies for Ongoing Projects
Module 4: Workshop on Risk Assessment & Management in Projects
- Financial Risk Assessment
- Designing a Project Risk Management Plan (Risk Identification, Risk Prioritization, Risk Response, Risk Management Strategies)
Module 5: People Management in Projects
- Stakeholder Analysis & Management
- Manpower Planning & Staffing in Projects
- Managing Teams in Projects
- Performance Assessment & Evaluation of Project Teams
Module 6: Project Governance & Monitoring
- Application of the ADKAR framework for Change Management
- PMO Charters & Project Management Policies
- Project Portfolio Management
Module 7A: For Non-IT Professionals
- Business Law Concepts for the Indian Project Management Scenario (Selected Concepts from Contract Law & Sale of Goods Law)
- Industrial Relations & Labor Laws for Project Teams
- Project Financing & Funding Alternatives
- Project Recovery
- Contract & Vendor Management
- Procurement Strategies for Projects
- Introduction to tools for linear projects like Metros etc. (TILOS)
- Basics of Forensic Schedule Analysis. Introduction to methods of Delay Analysis (Impacted as Planned, TIA etc.)
Module 7B: For IT Professionals
- Software Development Lifecycle & Software Project Management
- Deliverables Management in Software Projects – Software Maturity & Release Management, Technical Environment Management
- Software Project Management Methodologies – Agile, Managing ERP Projects, Offshore Delivery Project Management
- Project Planning, Resource Management, and Cost Estimation for IT Projects
- Quality Control, Software Vendor Management, and Contract Management for IT Projects
- Governance, Risk Management, and Change Management for IT Projects
How it Work
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms. The pedagogy will comprise lectures by XLRI faculty, sessions by industry collaborators, hands on exposure to project simulations, tools and workshop. Concepts will be explained using examples drawn from real life and will cover current trends and market practices. All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts. This course is suited for professionals in both IT and Non-IT domains and comprises a total of 7 modules. The first 6 modules are common for both IT & Non-IT participants. The last module is a custom module and participants will be given the choice to select any one of the two modules. There may be participants who would be interested in completing both the custom modules. In case participants wish to attend both custom modules, an additional fee of Rs.18,000 + GST will become payable.
Sudhakar Mokshagundam - Assistant Vice President - HVDC Projects, ABB India Jun 2018 Batch
Jesintha Vijaya Maria Perika - Scrum Master, J P Morgan Chase - May 2016 Batch
Prashant Sinha - Associate Manager - Project Management, HOWE ENGINEERING PROJECTS (I) PVT. LTD Nov 2017 Batch
For Indian Residents - INR 100,000/- plus GST as applicable
For International Students - USD$ 2000/-
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Total amount to be paid in 3 installments
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 35,000 +
Rs. 25,000 +
Rs. 40,000 +
Apply before course start date and it is advised to apply as early as possible for securing seat.
Healthy content is being served in this project management program of XLRI Jamshedpur. A 8 months but very rigorous program for senior professionals, leaders, project team members to understand concets of project management. You can expect a very rigrous approach in delivery and learning practical aspects of Project Management in this course.
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - 11 April 2021
Sunday 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm and Saturday 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm for participants opting for the Custom Module for IT
All payment terms & conditions for application, registration, programme and campus fees are adhering to the policy of respective Institute or their Service/ Technology partners. Team “The Top B School” does not take any payment or fees on this website or in any of our account.
All applications are assessed by the respective institute and our team has no role in selection/rejection/on hold status of candidate.
"The Top B School" team is responsible for counselling, admission guidance, sharing application links and helping in completing application & registration processes. In any case, our team will not be responsible for any payments, refunds and results.