There is an increasing appreciation of the role of human resources in the success of organizations across the entire industry spectrum. There is a need felt by both line managers and HR experts to understand and respond to HRM challenges at the “organizational” and “employee” level of analysis. Further, the policies and processes have to be identified after understanding the organizational context. Given that the context itself might be changing fast and becoming uncertain, it is imperative for organizations to develop nimble and flexible systems. This program aims to cover the canvas of HRM at both macro and micro level to equip the line managers dealing with human resources and human resource managers with contemporary knowledge and practices informed by valid findings from research. It intends to cover both basic and strategic HRM issues.
The program covers important aspects of behavioral science again focusing on behavior of both entities- employee and organization. At micro level the program includes discussion on personality and attitudes, perceptions, values; motivation; group behavior; leadership issues and so on. At macro level the discussion includes issues of organization design, structure, culture, technology and so forth.
The narrative of “customer” has become increasingly predominant in the organizational discourse. This program takes a very conscious and deliberate customer perspective- internal and external, in discussing the issues mentioned above. It takes the customer oriented view about managing human resources in manufacturing, services, and sales organizations. Because of the centrality of customer in services, the course has large service industry component. Even within, the organizations have tried to develop service culture with the concept of internal customer. And then organizations are managing talent by viewing their employees and prospective talent as customers. The program tries to address important issues of acquisition, retention, and management of talent and knowledge. The program covers the important techniques of competency mapping, assessment centers design, job evaluation, strategic fit analysis and so on. It also deals with specific issues of representative industries like healthcare, IT/outsourcing, financial services/professional services, sales, and manufacturing.
The program is designed to be experiential through case method teaching. Further, the course takes more business/ line managerial perspective on HRM, a prerequisite for successful HRM and general management professionals today.
- Recognized Certification from the foremost B School in the country
- Learning from the best faculty in India and Industry Experts
- Case studies and simulations
- Continue earningwhile you gain a high quality Certification and improve eligibility for better job profiles with a recognized certification
- Library Access
- Alumni membership of IIMC present globally - which has its own sets of advantages for identity, brand value, and marketability of the participants
The course intends to enhance participants’ understanding of:
- Human Resource Management policies and practices of acquisition, compensation, rewarding, and performance appraisal supporting the customer oriented strategies.
- Differences and Complementariness in Product Manufacturing, Sales and Service work and their HRM systems.
- Developing a customer oriented service culture.
- Understanding of Personality dimensions, motivation, leadership and so on at micro level and organization design, structure, culture and so on at macro level.
- Managing Knowledge, employee engagement, and talent management.
- Strategic Human Resource Management issues of “best practices”, “fit”, and “flexibility”.
- Strategic Human Resource Management issues in representative industries: IT/Business Process Outsourcing, Healthcare, financial service/professional services, Sales, and Manufacturing.
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through Interactive Onsite Learning platform where LIVE and highly interactive Sessions are conducted in the Authorized Study Centres established across India.
Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate- considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE.
2 years of minimum work experience is required to apply
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Calcutta on the basis of Academics, work experience, Statement of Purpose and ENTRANCE Exam (to be conducted in the nearest study centre).
Executive Certificate in Human Resource Management will be awarded by IIM Calcutta to students on successful completion of the programme.
Alumni Status/ Placement
On successfull completion IIM Calcutta will award Alumni status to students.
On Interactive Onsite Learning Platform
Basics of Human Resources Management
Contemporary Talent Management
During IIMC Campus Visit (Tentative list of modules, may change)
Economics of HRM
Cross cultural issues in HRM
Statistical Tools for HRM
Contemporary Issues in HRM
On-campus sessions will be once during course for total of 5 days.
How it Work
- Theory & Practical Inputs
- Case study approach.
- Assignments, E-Learning, & Business Simulation
Prof. Dharma Raju Bathini - Associate Professor in the Human Resource Management Department at IIMC.
Prof Abhishek Goel - Associate Professor in Organizational behavior
INR 2,000/- plus GST as applicable
INR 2,14,500/- plus GST as applicable
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Total amount to be paid in 3 installments
|I||(INR 72,000/- + INR 4,500/-) + GST|
|II||INR 54,000/- + GST|
|III||INR 84,000/- + GST|
Hughes Global Education India Limited
- Last Date of Application: 29th Mar, 2019
- Selection List Date: 5th Apr, 2019
- Last Date for Payment of 1st installment: 21th Apr, 2019
- Orientation and briefing: Apr, 2019
- Class Start Date: TBD
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - April 2019
Friday 6 45 pm to 9 45 pm