To be a part of senior management, functional managers need to embark on a transformative learning journey to inculcate leadership qualities like envisioning the future, taking a macro view of the business landscape, and developing a strategic mindset. The Senior Management Programme (SMP) is IIM Calcutta’s longest-running, flagship management development programme running continuously for the last 18 years, a feat unmatched by any of its peers.
A general management role almost always brings a great deal of responsibility and can involve several challenges. Success in this role can depend on your personality and skills. Management and leadership skills are often used interchangeably as they involve planning, decision-making, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and time management. Good managers are almost always good leaders as well. A professional qualification will help you acquire the required skills to emerge as an efficient manager in a senior managerial position
To be a part of senior management, managers need to inculcate leadership qualities like envisioning the future, taking a macro view of the business landscape, and developing a strategic mindset.
The Senior Management Programme (SMP) is IIM Calcutta’s longest-running, flagship management development programme running continuously for the last 18 years, a feat unmatched by any of its peers. The oldest such programme in the country running its 19th batch, SMP is a one-year immersive management education programme designed specifically for senior executives.
- 19th Batch of SMP – IIM Calcutta’s flagship general management programme for senior managers
- The oldest Leadership Development Programme in the country for senior managers
- Curriculum covers Functional Competencies, Competition, Strategy and Leadership
- Pedagogy includes Cases, Role-plays, Simulations and Games
- Two campus visits of 5 days each
- IIM Calcutta Certification and Executive Education Alumni status in the largest Alumni network (2,500+ SMP Alumni) among peer institutions in India
Professionals can look forward for folowing key learnings after doing Senior Management Programme of IIM Calcutta-
- Equip senior executives with analytical skills
- Enhance their existing functional competencies
- Transform them into strategic leaders
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or 2 years’ master’s degree or its equivalent from institutions or Universities recognised by UGC/AICTE/AIU/DEB
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks of all years in either bachelor’s or master’s degree or its equivalent
- Candidates should be working and should have a minimum of 10 years of work experience post completion of qualifying education
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Calcutta on the basis of Academics, work experience, documents and Statement of Purpose.
The programme covers three modules that expose participants to contemporary macro perspectives as well as functional knowledge to enhance their strategic decision-making capabilities.
- Business, Government and Society
- Global Political Economy
- Market Economies and Macroeconomic Policies
- Digital Transformation
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Achieving Operational Excellence
- Managing Human Resources
- Quantitative Tools for Decision-making
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Corporate Finance and Financial Markets
- Developing a Strategic Marketing Plan
- Developing Organisational Leadership
- Developing a Strategic Mindset
The face-to-face campus sessions may include following topics:
Business Communication, Conflict and Negotiation Skills, Business Analytics and its Applications, Industry 4.0, Challenges of Entrepreneurship, Meet the Entrepreneur, and Understanding Self.
- Candidates will successfully complete the programme if they have received ‘poor’ grades in not more than two courses.
- Successful candidates will receive a certificate of completion from IIM Calcutta.
- Those with requisite participation but unable to complete successfully will receive a certificate of participation.
- Giving feedback is an integral part of the completion requirements of the programme.
- It will be mandatory for participants to attend all campus visits for the successful completion of the programme.
- Successful participants will also be accorded IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Registration Fee||14,750 + GST|
|Processing Fee*||20,000 + GST|
|Total Fee||7,50,000 + GST|
** Off-Campus Stay
Collection of Fee
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 5 installments|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Instalment II||1,50,000 + GST|
|Instalment III||1,50,000 + GST|
|Instalment IV||1,50,000 + GST|
|Instalment V||1,50,000 + GST|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||01-May-2022|
|Academic Orientation Date||29-May-2022|
|Online Classes Start Date||05-Jun-2022|
|Tentative Programme End Date||16-May-2023|
The programme will be offered through a unique blend of the diverse pedagogical tools most suitable for each module, such as Cases, Role-plays, Simulations and Games, and Lectures.
Senior Management Programme of IIM Calcutta is the oldest course in this domain offered by any of the top b-schools of India. The programme already have the huge number of Alumnus all over the world. The course content of the course is divided into 3 parts Perspectives, Functional Competencies and Competition, Strategy & Leadership. The Programme manager ensured to update course with the content to tackle the current business and senior management challenges for making decisions to bring positive change in the organizations. We have seen many professionals achieved great growth in their professional life while doing the course only. The online but LIVE sessions bring together all the candidates on one platform to discuss case studies and learn by doing. The Batch 19 of SMP from IIM Calcutta look forward to take up the very selective profiles who want to challenge themselve to learn the highest level of management and leadership skills while working. After speaking to various Alumnus and being part of admissions team for last few years, We strongly recommend Senior Management Programme of IIM Calcutta to working professionals who are working in the midlle level management and upper middle management and take up the senior management challenges. Further, professionals already on senior management, leadership and director kind of roles are also highly recommended to take this course for further growth.
This review of Senior Management Programme of IIM Calcutta is written exclusively by the team of #TheTopBSchool. We have been counselling for this course for few years and connected to the Alumunus of previous batches. We wish all the best to all aspirants for the selection in the course. Aspirants can connect us to know all the details, course content, application process and assistance in putting application for SMP of IIM Calcutta.Apply Now