The Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Investment Banking (PGCPIB) is designed to offer requisite knowledge to professionals enabling them to handle various aspects of investment banking roles and responsibilities. These include asset management, securities valuation like stocks, bonds, and other derivative instruments to meet specified investment goals of investors. The course also aims to cater to other functional areas of investment banking like mergers & acquisitions, investment & portfolio management, and investment advisory services to high-net-worth individuals. The programme also covers tools and techniques required for optimising the risk-returns framework within different asset classes.
Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Investment Banking is designed to help professionals-
- To groom commerce and non-commerce graduates in core investment banking and other specialised finance roles
- To provide in-depth knowledge of concepts and real-life applications of finance
- To educate participants from various fields aspiring to work in investment banking roles
- To benefit executives who have recently taken on or are being groomed to take on significant managerial responsibilities in the field
- Contemporary investment banking programme taught by domain experts
- Course designed for participants from any stream, with or without exposure to Finance/Commerce/Investment Banking
- In-depth knowledge of concepts and real-life applications of Finance/Commerce/Investment Banking
- Practical insights from select industry experts
- A 5-day campus immersion
- IIM Indore Executive Education Alumni status
Education- Diploma (10+2+3) or bachelor’s degree or equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or 2 years’ master’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
Experience - Minimum 2 years of work experience is required post completion of qualifying education. Freshers with a professional qualification like CA/ICWA/CS/CFA/CFP are also eligible to apply.
Participants will be selected based on their overall profile, documentation and statement of purpose.
The programme content comprises the following modules. The duration of each session shall be 75 minutes.
- The course covers at length different concepts of investments
- The course takes us through portfolio diversification techniques
- The use of real company’s cases for better understanding of valuation and risk in fundraising.
- This course aims to provide an overview of various important roles and functions of an Investment Bank, including in-depth study of two critical roles – fund raising and M&A modelling and pitching.
- The course plans to equip the participants with key concepts surrounding Equity and Debt fund-raising, valuation methodologies including intrinsic and comparables, cross-border M&A, deal structuring and deal pitch book.
- This course aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of advanced roles and functions in large as well as boutique Investment Banks, including securities sales and trading, hedge funds, private placements including PE/VC, LBOs and corporate restructuring.
- It also aims to provide the participants with comprehensive understanding of deal structuring in private equity environment, acquisitions using highly leveraged strategy and corresponding taxation and legal considerations in these advanced structures.
This course is multi-dimensional in nature and intends to provide a strategic management perspective on mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring. The main objectives of the course are:
- To introduce the participants to various forms of corporate restructuring such as mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, de-mergers etc.
- To familiarize students with the issues and problems in identifying and evaluating a target for M&A.
- To provide an overview of the legal and regulatory environment in which M&A happens.
- To introduce participants to takeovers and takeover defenses.
- To highlight the importance of post-merger integration and provide insights on various organizational and human relations issues in the integration process.
- This course introduces the participants to the world of financial derivatives.
- The participants will learn the underlying financial concepts, the pricing mechanism, market mechanics and utility of these products in terms of risk management and wealth generation.
- At the end of the course the participants are expected to have treasonable grasp over the nature and use of financial derivatives in wealth and risk management.
- To understand the macroeconomic concepts
- To know the causes of business cycles and economic policies to counter business cycles
- To understand Balance of Payments and exchange rate
- To understand the current macroeconomic scenario.
Participants who successfully complete the programme and fulfil all the prescribed requirements will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Study Materials/Simulations/Library/Assessment/Closing Ceremony/Certification Fee (Excluding GST)||21,000|
|Total Fees (exclusive of GST)||3,86,700|
All Fees are payable directly to BCCL ****Processing Fee includes ₹9,000 of Registration Fee and ₹1,000 of Programme Fee. In case a participant’s profile is rejected by IIM Indore, ₹7,000 is refunded to the participant and ₹3,000 of the&a
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 5 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Programme Start Date||30-Oct-2022|
|Programme End Date||31-Oct-2023|
The pedagogy will be a judicious mix of:
- Case Discussions
- Project Work
- Term Papers
IIM Indore recently launhced quite good courses in Management domain. Investment Banking course is well structured programme launched from IIM Indore. Candidates can expect a great quality content and delivery from IIM Indore in this programme. Candidates who look forward to increase their personal brand and get updated content through practical case studeis- this is the best you can go for.Apply Now