Facilitate seamless collaboration between the Sales & Marketing functions and deliver superior customer value
Crafting a great product is just the first half of the story of running a successful business. Generating revenue is dependent upon making the potential customers aware of the product, its advantages and the reasons why it is better than its competitors. The second half of your business story hence requires you to communicate this information effectively to the masses and the responsibility of writing this story rests on the shoulders of the Marketing & Sales teams. Thus, it is evident that the success of a product and an organization relies heavily on the robustness and seamless collaboration between its Marketing & Sales functions.
The certification course in “Marketing & Sales” aims to improve the knowledge and skill sets of working professionals concerning the alignment of marketing and sales functions to deliver superior customer value and to achieve higher profitability. More specifically, the course has been developed in such a way that it deepens the participant’s understanding of marketing management concepts so that they will be able to appreciate the critical role of the same in the sales planning and management functions. This improves the participant’s ability to comprehend the ways and means to deliver superior customer value by utilizing the potential of sales. Thus, the successful completion of this course will provide directions to a new career orientation by re-orienting their marketing foundations with a strong base in the area of sales management.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the foundations of marketing and be able to connect them with sales
- Have better clarity in terms of basic marketing parameters and its interlinkages with sales functions
- Possess improved knowledge and skill sets that support marketing related planning and execution in organizations through the sales team’s contributions in the areas of product development, pricing, place related decisions, and marketing promotion mix decisions
- Deepen the awareness and understanding of the typical conflicts between marketing and sales, and how to resolve them
- Equip themselves to plan and prepare timely recommendations that support the alignment of sales & marketing
Certificate of Completion from IIM Kozhikode- Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion from IIM Kozhikode
Learn through Real-Life Examples/Case Studies- Pedagogy comprising real-life examples and case studies by experts across different industries that will allow you to relate to your actual work scenario
Directly Impact Organizational Growth- Acquire knowledge and skill sets to drive sales team contributions that make a direct impact on the organizational growth
2 day On-Campus immersion module- Experience the typical high-intensity classroom and soak-in the unique campus environment of one of the most iconic and sustainable management campuses in India
Peer Learning- Benefits from peer learning will enable you to address real challenges that you face on a day to day basis and form meaningful contacts for life
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through D2D Sessions. D2D referes to Direct to Device that enable students to attend sessions from anywhere on their own systems as per LIVE schedule of session.
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country
- Minimum of 3 years overall experience in Marketing & Sales function or
- At least 5 years of work experience in a business enterprises in a managerial position
- Diploma Holders (10+3) will be considered on a case to case basis subject to having a minimum of 10 Years of work experience in a supervisory role at the time of applying for this course
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Kozhikode on the basis of Academics, work experience and Statement of Purpose
Professional Certificate in Marketing and Sales Management will be awarded by IIM Kozhikode to the students on successful completion of the programme.
- Understanding the marketing environment
- Sales vs marketing
- Holistic marketing concept
- Company orientation towards the market place
- Developing marketing strategies and plans
- Mission statement
- Define competition
- Market analysis and Porter’s Model
- Marketing information system
- Measuring marketing productivity
- Forecasting and demand measurement
- Marketing mix modelling
- Connecting with customers
- Analyzing consumer markets
- Analyzing business markets
- Identifying market segments and targets
- Building strong brands
- Developing a brand equity measurement system
- Shaping the market offerings
- Delivering value
- Communicating the customer value
- Value creation and delivery in e-commerce platforms
- Objective and scope of personal selling
- Understanding personal selling situations
- Personal selling process
- Prospecting and objection handling
- Functions and purpose of a sales organization
- Understanding the structure of the sales organization
- Assessing sales performance
- Preparing sales budget
- Need and establishment of sales territory
- Sales forecasting
- Different models in sales forecasting
- Understanding market potential
- Channel management
- Channel design
- Selection of appropriate channels
- Channel motivation
- Understanding distribution
- Components of physical distribution
- Supply chain management
- Putting it all together: What is the right supply chain?
- Supply chain management: why only now?
One on-campus components of 2 days will take place at IIM Kozhikode campus
How it Work
The course pedagogy consists of various modes, such as on-campus classroom lectures, lectures through online interactive platforms, case analysis, simulations, exercises, and experience sharing by industry experts. In the majority of the cases, the deliverables will be explained using real-life examples/case studies connected with different industries, and hence, the participants will be able to connect the same with their actual work scenario. Besides this, during the classroom sections, in addition to experience sharing by industry experts, the course also facilitates the participants to share their own experiences, and thereby encourage the debate and discussion within the groups, and hence peer learning is the essential feature of this course.
All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
Dr Anandakuttan B Unnithan - Ph.D, MBA, B.Tech
Dr. Sreejesh S - Ph.D, M.Phil, MBA, MA (Economics)
Dr. M. Geetha - Ph.D (IIT Madras)
For Indian Residents - INR 160,000/- plus GST as applicable
For International Students - USD$ 3200/-
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Total amount to be paid in 4 installments
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment||4th Instalment|
Rs. 35,000 +
Rs. 35,000 +
Rs. 45,000 +
Rs. 45,000 +
Apply before course start date and it is advised to apply as early as possible for securing seat.
In one year courses of Marketing and Sales Management, IIM Kozhikode has launched this 12 months fantastic course. This programme covers wie range of content and IIM Kozhikode alwasy have rigorous approach in delivering any executive course. Candidates can expect a basic to advance level content in sales and marketing domain in this course.
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - November 2020
Sunday, from 02.30 p.m. to 05.45 p.m.
All payment terms & conditions for application, registration, programme and campus fees are adhering to the policy of respective Institute or their Service/ Technology partners. Team “The Top B School” does not take any payment or fees on this website or in any of our account.
All applications are assessed by the respective institute and our team has no role in selection/rejection/on hold status of candidate.
"The Top B School" team is responsible for counselling, admission guidance, sharing application links and helping in completing application & registration processes. In any case, our team will not be responsible for any payments, refunds and results.