Improve Business Performance through Fact-based Decision-Making with Analytics
Thomas Devonport in his book titled, “Competing on analytics: The new science of winning”, claims that a significant proportion of high-performance companies have high analytical skills among their personnel. The rise of business analytics has resulted in a great demand for trained business analysts and the trend will only continue to rise. According to Wall Street Journal, “Companies, barraged with data from the web and other sources, want employees who can both sift through the information and help solve business problems. As the use of analytics grows quickly, companies will need employees who understand the data”. Business increasingly need to know how to leverage analytics to gain managerial and strategic insights to improve their competitive position.
Business Analytics is a set of techniques and processes that can be used to analyze large and noisy data to improve business performance through fact-based decision-making. It nurtures the amalgamation of data warehousing, data mining, statistics, and machine learning; applies it in various functional areas of business and management to find patterns in the relationships; creates capabilities for companies to compete in the market effectively. It has been proven to be highly useful in industries such as banking, insurance, telecom, retail, travel, healthcare etc. and has shown very positive impact on business decision making.
The program is designed to provide in-depth knowledge of data-based decision making using real case studies. The module based program would impart participants a sequential learning with a strong foundation of data analytic techniques followed by real applications across various domains.
This program will:
- Help participants understand the critical concepts of business analytics and research, including research design, data processing and data analysis.
- Clarify the scientific understanding of complex methods which are required in business decision making.
- Help participants effectively apply analytical concepts in real life scenario.
Certificate of Completion from IIM Kozhikode- On successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from IIM Kozhikode.
Provide Conceptual Understanding of Analytical Techniques- Understand the critical concepts of business analytics and research and learn it’s applications in industry-specific scenarios
Case/Exercise based Approach to Learning- The program will follow a hands-on case/exercise based learning approach for better understanding of data processing and applying the techniques to managerial scenarios
Hands-on Statistical Analysis with R/SPSS- Sophisticated statistical analysis of data using R/SPSS software package and interpretation of output for decision making
2 day On-Campus Immersion Module- The On-Campus immersion module will provide the participants with the opportunity to experience the typical high-intensity classroom and to soak-in the unique campus environment of one of the most iconic and sustainable management campuses in India, set in the midst of lush green hills and surroundings
Mode of Delivery
This Program is delivered through D2D Sessions. D2D referes to Direct to Device that enable students to attend sessions from anywhere on their own systems as per LIVE schedule of session.
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Proficiency in English, spoken & written, is mandatory.
- Knowledge or familiarity with basic statistics, analytics and statistical software will be useful but not mandatory for the Program.
- Pre-readings will be circulated and an introductory run on elementary concepts will be introduced in initial sessions of this program. Participants are expected to go through the pre-reads and come prepared for the classes as instructed.
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Kozhikode on the basis of Academics, work experience and Statement of Purpose
Professionals Certificate in Business Analytics will be awarded by IIM Kozhikode to the students on successful completion of the programme.
Business Analytics Foundation (Module 1)- comprises of foundation of business and analytics along with familiarity with data analytic tools like R and SPSS. The participants will learn fundamentals of Finance and Marketing with basic Statistical Methods. While the program is designed for middle level managers, this module will go a long way in brushing-up the fundamentals of analytical techniques in the context of your business. Moreover, the module will include data preprocessing, data visualizations, and writing algorithms in the context of business.
- Introduction to business analytics and data analytic tools
- Exploratory data analysis
- Statistical inference
- Marketing Management and CRM
Business Analytics Techniques (Module 2)- comprises of the nervous system of the course which includes predictive analytics and advanced analytics. Predictive analytics will cover both statistical and machine learning techniques, while the advanced analytics will comprise of unsupervised data analytic techniques. These techniques are very useful to middle level managers to find pattern in the data and use them in managerial decision making.
- Predictive Analytics (Regression techniques, Logistic regression, Tree-based methods, Ensemble Models, Time series analysis)
- Advanced analytics (Dimension reduction technique, Clustering technique, Conjoint analysis, social media analytics)
Business Analytics Applications (Module 3)- focusses on the applications of techniques of analytics in business.
- Customer and Retail analytics
- Financial Analytics
- Supply chain Analytics
- HR Analytics
On-campus sessions will be once during course for total of 2 days.
How it Work
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms. The program will be delivered through a combination of methods as listed below
- Live classroom session through which is a forum for discussion. “Discovery through discussion” is a very effective method that gives participants an opportunity to exchange and explore ideas, debate them, and jointly arrive upon solutions to problems.
- Lectures, designed to clarify the readings, and to amplify them with illustrations and related concepts drawn from other sources.
- Cases/Exercises that are important in helping participants to assimilate principles. In the case analyses and other assignments participants discover concepts and apply what has been learnt. Further, participants will be making decisions similar to the way it is done in a managerial situation.
- Data Analysis, in order to process and bring order, structure and meaning to the mass of primary and secondary data.
All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
Prof. Shovan Chowdhury- Ph.D in Statistics (University of Calcutta), MSc in Statistics (University of Calcutta)
Prof. Atanu Adhikari- PhD, MBA, BE IIM Kozhikode
For Indian Residents - INR 1,00,000/- plus GST as applicable
For International Students - USD$ 2000/-
No. of INSTALLMENTS
Total amount to be paid in 3 installments
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 35,000 +
Rs. 25,000 +
Rs. 40,000 +
Applications being processed every week. Admissions First Come First Serve Basis.
One of the best Business Analytics courses offered for working professionals through online LIVE sessions. Quite practical content and also sufficient tools are used to ensure right learning is eing imprated to the professionals. It is going to be 5 months roller coaster ride of learning Business Analytics. Highly recommended for working professionals seeking basic and moderate level of business analytics skillset.
Applications can be submitted Online. Application Link can be shared with candidates post profile confirmation by the concerned team.
To Apply Please Fill Below Form
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review.
Start - November 2020
Sunday from 06.00 pm to 09.00 pm
All payment terms & conditions for application, registration, programme and campus fees are adhering to the policy of respective Institute or their Service/ Technology partners. Team “The Top B School” does not take any payment or fees on this website or in any of our account.
All applications are assessed by the respective institute and our team has no role in selection/rejection/on hold status of candidate.
"The Top B School" team is responsible for counselling, admission guidance, sharing application links and helping in completing application & registration processes. In any case, our team will not be responsible for any payments, refunds and results.